How varied is your diet?

well for these last 2 months I have been on a budget and eating the same thing everyday, which is 4, bean cheese, and jalapeno frozen chimichangas. I still feel ok and have good energy, but Im probably not getting much nutrients in my diet. in march I will proceed with my new meal plan, which will provide me with more nutrients. but it will still be the same foods everyday. but I will get a couple servings of fruit, and 5 servings of veggies, to go with some rice and beans, cheese, eggs, and pistachios. so I feel ok about eating the same foods everyday. since it should provide me with all the nutrients I need.

so how varied is your diet? do you eat the same foods all the time? I just don’t like to cook, so I make quick and easy meals. and I don’t like all the planning of cooking something new each day and doing the grocery shopping.

3 Likes

I don’t like to cook so I get foods I can microwave like precooked chicken, chicken taquitos, bean and cheese burritos and spicy black bean burgers.

I feel like I should be eating healthier since I never have any energy.

2 Likes

yeah I’ve been using the microwave a lot lately as well. it’s good to eat healthy but it’s a bit more expensive is my only complaint. I will start eating healthy again in march.

yeah these meds really sap away our energy, maybe other lifestyle factors also. my first year on meds, I didn’t do anything but sit on the couch and get online, I put on 30 to 40 pounds my first year, but things are better now, and I’ve managed to lose 20 pounds of that. hopefully you will start to feel a little more energetic at some point, maybe a healthy diet can help a little.

1 Like

I go to the discount store and buy whatever is on sale, keeps my diet ever changing

5 Likes

I have a relatively routine diet but sometimes vary it.

Mostly I eat oats and banana for breakfast

and for lunch I would eat pasta or noodles with broccoli and baby marrows (zucchini) and either have lentils or chickpeas most days with it.

On occasions I’d eat brown rice or quinoa with the lentils or chickpeas and vegs. And on rare occasion I’d make a vegan pizza from scratch.

Supper is usually polenta porridge or bread and cocoa.

And of course coffee on my snack breaks with bread or rice cakes

2 Likes

I usually have the weirdest combinations of food ---- pickles and cereal, olives, string cheese, rice pudding, peanut butter, beans, brownies, candy ---- I never sit down and make a meal with real foods and have a balanced diet… I just eat.

1 Like

My current diet sucks.
It consists of toast, crackers, applesauce, chicken soup and rice - BRAT diet.

It’s been like this for a month now.

2 Likes

Why are you stuck on the BRAT diet? Are you having tummy problems?

Yes @CoCo.
Chronic diarrhea and diminished appetite.

I’m seeing my family doctor about it.
They are currently testing my stool.

My diet includes lots of veggies but not enough fruit. I also get bran in almost every day for breakfast. I eat a little Greek yogurt every day. My dinners vary for the most part, but I could still eat healthier. But I’m on a budget. I have $400/ month to feat my husband, who is large (not fat) and works out, me, and 2 kids, one of whom is vegan. It’s all very costly.

2 Likes

I’m trying to go vegetarian. But I don’t like vegetables. I’m living on peanut butter & jelly.

2 Likes

It would be hard to go vegetarian if you don’t like vegetables :smiley:

2 Likes

I eat a wide variety of fruits and veggies. Mostly chicken and beef for meat. Some yogurt for the active cultures. I use olive oil for healthy fats and try to eat fish at least once a week for Omega 3s.

1 Like

My diet is not particularly varied , but I don’t eat the exact same things each day .

I should eat a healthier diet ,but things like organising and planning deficits , and not so good cooking skills , mean that knowing I should have a healthier diet doesn’t translate easily into putting that into practice .

If I won the lottery I’d have a personal chef and a personal dietician .

1 Like

I eat an organic high fiber/protein multigrain cereal for breakfast with unsweetened almond milk and a banana with some walnuts. I have an Amy’s meal with some vegetables for lunch. I have either a big salad or crudité for dinner with ranch dressing and something to add some protein like nuts, beans, cheese or a slimfast. My nutritionist wants me to add more fruit and make sure not to skip the protein. I eat 1200 calories a day when I’m being good. When I’m being bad I go to Mcdonalds, then all bets are off.

2 Likes

I recently found out that I can’t have dairy and neither can my five month old. I had to make a lot of revisions to my diet. I’m french and we eat a lot of cheese. I didn’t realize how much till I started discovering all the food I ate contained milk. You’d be surprised at how much packaged foods contain it. Well, since then, my diet has improved dramatically. I don’t have much choice, I have to eat fresh. Not that my diet was that bad before.

For breakfast, I have a bowl of oats with brown sugar. For lunch, I have pita’s, sandwich, soup, leftovers (sometimes fast food, two times a month) For Supper, I eat pasta, steak, roast, chicken, pork. If I have a meat side I always make sure to have a grain type food with vegetables. I like to change my diet up all the time. Today was the second time I made Pho Soup. It was great!

1 Like

I eat meat, cheese, and veggies, but few greens. Lately, I have been being bad and eating broccoli, though. I’m not supposed to. I also am dying for some spinach, but that one is a big no no. I definitely don’t eat enough fruit, but I bought the stuff for smoothies, so that would be strawberries, bananas, yogurt, and apple juice (100%, not from concentrate). Better than nothing, right?

2 Likes

I don’t really mind cooking but I tend to cook out of easy cooking cookbooks.

I also tend to make the same things over and over again. I like what I like.

2 Likes

My diet is typically the same stuff every week. But it does vary somewhat and I treat myself once per month.

1 Like

I like to think my diet is diverse at times.

Lately though I’ve been cooking a lot of the same things, due to budget constraints.

But it’s winter here, so chili just always sounds good. Nothing like some good ole’ comfort food. :slight_smile:

Lately I’ve been drinking a big V8 can almost every night too. Gotta get those nutrients in.

4 Likes