Food Preparation & Not Eating Much Food!

Menu planning has always been difficult for me. This is what I eat each day of the week.

Morning

• 1 Banana

Lunch

• 1 Apple

Dinner

• 1 can of Heinz Dark Baked Beans

What do you guys eat?

Do you really do eat only that ! why ? you’ll crash at the end of the week…I eat home cooked meals…you should eat well even if you are on a diet. I some times forget to eat or drink water when I get so sick but I snap out of it, eventually.

My diet varies from day to day.

@BakedBeans, you can get very sick if you continue to eat like that. Doesn’t a day program teach you how to prepare meals?

I can only attend a day program 2 hours a week due to my paid job. :frowning:

Baked beans come in a can. Wouldn’t it be just as easy to buy some canned vegetables, tuna, chile, vegetable soup etc…? If you are only eating that everyday it could turn into a terrible deficiency of vitamins or nutrients. The body needs certain things to survive. You aren’t joking are you? I’m on a diet. I eat protein and vegetables. But within those parameters I cook homemade meals because I can still eat spices & herbs, mustard, ketch-up, soy sauce, etc. But yeah,with a diet like that you might ruin your health.

I eat 70% raw vegetables, once a cook meal. Its been 2 months since i added raw and i never felt this good for the past 8 yrs. vegetables really reduced the side effects of my med, gives me better mood and motivation.

1 Like

if you find it difficult to eat solid foods try vitamins a good brand, which at least will give you the essentials.
perhaps try yoghurt with your fruit this will give you added calcium.
take care

How about drinking Boost or Ensure. No planning involved and you get some nutrition.

At the very least get some cheap microwaveable meals. I get them at the store for $1 a meal and they are small to medium in amount of food…though a friggin’ feast compared to what you eat.

To prep, just microwave it for 3-5 mins, grab a fork and eat.

I’ve got like 20 of them in my freezer.

Shop sales. Stock up on food that is on sale. Did you know that you can easily freeze most fresh vegetables and fruit? When fresh produce goes on sale, stock up and freeze what you can’t use right away. You can eat off them for months anytime you want.

Iv’e been a bit lazy and instead I often just have one of those frozen pizza’s.

Unfortunately, my favorite frozen pizza, a popular brand, always gives me DIARRHEA.

I refer to this as, PIZZARRHEA.

CVS Pharmacy had a case of Boost shakes on sale. Took a walk over there and picked up a small case . So tired of beans. :-1:

2 Likes

I can’t cook, I don’t have the attention span. So I rely on other people to cook for me, but if no one is going to cook i make sandwiches or hot dogs or soups.

I’ll repeat. Isn’t it just as easy to buy canned vegetables, canned meat, canned pasta, canned chili, canned fruit, canned stew, and canned soup? If you keep eating like you are presently you’re going to give yourself serious health problems.You know this. Or starve to death.

Me, too…

Hey @BakedBeans

I did an estimate of the total calories you’re getting a day and it’s 600. That’s a VERY low amount of calories to take in daily. My guess is your metabolism and body has adjusted to this very low caloric intake and adapted accordingly (perhaps your metabolism has actually slowed down). Anyone eating your diet daily for a month or two would be pretty much GUARANTEED to lose A LOT of weight.

Menu planning is hard for me too. I eat a lot of sandwiches and very little fruit. Some canned food and perhaps a steak every once in a while.

menu planning is like one of the plagues of my life…

i hate it…

my husband always wants me to do it so i won’t eat subway too much or McDonalds egg white delights… (omg i love those little things…i get them without meat i am vegetarian)

i hate most fruits and veggies…
i hate soups and stews

what i really like is egg rolls and fried rice and subway and Mcdonalds and waffles…
i like eating a lot of eggo waffles…

if you have a toaster oven they only take like 6 minutes on 400 degrees…

i agree with Nick…other things come in a can and are just as easy to heat up… or there are microwave meals…

do you own a microwave or do you have to heat things on the stove? or do you just eat from the can?

good luck to you…

hugs to all
jamesgirl

Accidentally pressed a button that deleted my message. Anyways I took 77Nicks advice and bought

• 5 cans of Campbells low fat cream of broccoli soup
  • 2 cans of Del Monte sweet potato
  • 2 cans of Del Monte corn
  • 2 cans of Del Monte green beans
  • 3 cans of Heinz Spaghetti
  • 2 cans of Dole pineapple
  • 1 bag of marshmallows
  • 1 box of Quaker banana nut oatmeal :sunny:
1 Like

Well good for you. If you realy like beans, it wouldn’t hurt to have them occasionally. Everything in moderation, right? How about bread? Making a sandwich is as easy as heating up a can of soup or corn. Buy some mustard or mayonnaise and a package of lunch meat and have a full MEAL. Soup, fruit, and a baloney sandwich. Or peanut butter and jelly and a glass of non-fat milk. And reward yourself with an occasional treat like cookies or an ice cream bar or something.You can keep a box of fudgicles or Popsicle’s in your freezer. You’re probably on a limited budget like me, but how about keeping several containers of single serving flavored yogurt in the fridge? The kind with fruit in the bottom, all you do is take one out and get a spoon and enjoy! I tell you pasta is deceptively easy to make. Here’s how. Buy a package of pasta. Fill a pot halfway with water. Bring to a boil. Put pasta in. Cook for 8 or 9 minutes.Drain. The EASY directions are printed on the package or box of pasta. Serve with grated Parmesan cheese on top from a container. I’ll tell you, variety is the spice of life, right? It gets boring eating the same thing every day. It’s good to switch it up with the occasional bowl of rice (easy, directions on box or package) or Macaroni and cheese or even a bowl of cereal and milk.
Breakfast is an important meal, you need food to give you energy to face the day. Quick-cooking oatmeal is as simple as it gets. Boil water… Stir in oatmeal. I like brown sugar, butter, and raisins in mine. Frozen meals are easy, but a lot of the are very high in calories and preservatives and other artificial chemicals. But Weight-Watchers or Lean Cuisine are a little more healthy than others.And there’s other healthy frozen dinners too.You just have to take a moment and read the labels. Anyway, there are many EASY foods to make.

2 Likes

super high protein diet. Lots of whey powder and chicken and meat with rice or bread. I make cereal with two scoops of whey mixed in the milk and a bunch of granola. I eat like 2 chicken breasts for dinner. Lunch is hit or miss soemtimes just a granola bar and protein drink, sometimes like a smaller version of dinner. Whole lotta whole grain bread or brown rice.