How much debt have you got?

İ used to have pretty good earning debt ratio(it was about 7%) but i have to get credit for my parents for their huge amount of debt.so i had to help them for their debt.so i took 60000 lira(its about 10000 dollar which is equal to my 2 year full earning) from bank.now i have 80% earning debt ratio and i doesn t seems to fix it until may 2021.so how much debt have you got so far?

Not a lot of rotating debt (like credit cards) but lots of student loan debt.

3 Likes

No. I actually get to save about 50% of my monthly income. School was free in my country so I didn’t need to take a loan.

2 Likes

10 thousand nz dollars

2 Likes

I had big debts while on Abilify from addiction issues but my parents helped me pay it and cancel my Visa card. I was retreating cash from my Visa and now my credit score sucks, I got refused for a 300$ limit Visa card!

I lost all my money accumulated since I started working at 14 y.o. Over 100 000$. Lost in gambling with cryptocurrency like Bitcoin, lost due to compulsive shopping (bought useless items and threw them in the garbage), lost on illegal stuff like drug addiction, etc

Now I have no debt and receiving disability money, stopped Abilify and no more addiction issues since 1.5 years ago. Another member here lost 500 000$ from Abilify gambling addiction/impulsivity and compulsions. I will never take Abilify again.

2 Likes

I have like $26000 CAD in debt now, accumulated over 10 years of unwellness.

At my best, pre-SZ I had like +$5000 in the bank, from a well-placed cryptocurrency trade (wiped out $10k in debt too.) But I was never that high in net worth.

2 Likes

i don’t have much money but have no debt. buying my trailer rent to own from mom and dad. still owe about 40k on it. i’ve never gotten a bank loan in my life, and live on a budget.

2 Likes

I have no debt but I survive ok with things. I am starting to save money. I have no hold over it but it has no real hold over me. Still. Nice to be a little ahead of the game.

I have to pay back a reward for my brother’s puppy but I don’t consider that a traditional form of debt.

I gave myself a very flexible pay back plan, and noted it in the reward notice.

I feel blessed that I saved that wonderful puppy.

1 Like

None. My debts got deleted after 15 years. They were my youngen debts from the rent I couldn’t pay back. I have paid all my bills for 18 years now so no new ones anymore here.

1 Like

I use to be debt free before sz but now I owe alot in medical bills

1 Like

About $580,000. A lot. But that includes 2 houses.

1 Like

I owe my credit cards $400 or $500. Other than that I have no debt. I rent a one bedroom apartment and don’t have a mortgage. I don’t own a car or have any car payments.

2 Likes

I owe 10 thousand to my student loan. I owe 2 thousand to my credit card. I screwed myself over.

1 Like

Soooooo much.

2 Likes

Debt not to bad at the moment. Overdrawn by £200 but the interest is pennies and credit card of £300. The bank isnt bothered - so neither am I.

1 Like

about $11,000 in debt right now

1 Like

I have a student loan for about £15k left I think.

Don’t have credit cards

I paid all my loans off as I cashed in my pension when I failed at my job through illness.

When I gave up my job I sold my car, and paid of the loan on that as well.

The future is very uncertain. I am not sure if I will go for mental health nursing in september or not.

1 Like

$79k on student loan debt, about to rack up another $65k in the next two years. but after that if my crazy plan works ill be making $110/year

1 Like

My husband and I had $32,000 in debt when first got married. The debt was the amount we owed on his car, some credit card debt, and some medical bills. We got ALL of that debt paid off, though. 100% debt free for a while after that!

Recently, we bought a house and I got a car. The car has $14,000 owed on it and the mortgage is $180,000, so our total debt right now is $194,000. :frowning:

1 Like