How much debt have you got?

Blimey - some of you owe a few quid. And i worry about a few hundred. I should be grateful!

Hope you all sort it out. x

2 Likes

Doing fine.
Tight budget, taking advantage of the resources.
No debt. :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

A little over 3k. That’s a few credit cards and an old student loan.

1 Like

I have my mortgage, which is pretty significant, and Mr. Star has some student loans and a car payment.

1 Like

I don’t have debt thankfully.

I used to have debt years ago but dont now.

The richest I have ever been was when I had $4000.
I spent that moving to SA.

I also paid for my aged care certificate which cost about $2000.
I had saved that money so have no student loan.

I don’t really have much savings at the moment .

I have $200 for my animals if they need to see a vet.
I should have more saved up for them but I don’t.

Actually I have more money not much can’t remember how much but I gave it to my former stepmother to hold on to in case of emergency.

Happy I’m not in debt but I usually spend all of my pension I get.

I love budgeting and planning my money spending.

1 Like

I have been keeping a running graph of my credit card debt… It’s been going down slowly since quarantine probably because we are saving a lot on gasoline and doctor copays and rarely eating out.

The only substantial asset we have is our car which we bought after we sold my family’s old home. In the past year since moving into HUD senior housing our rent went down from $800/mo to $470 and we love our new place which is small but quiet.

1 Like

I have a good amount. It really doesn’t affect me. I don’t care about debt.

1 Like

I used to have educational debt but I was working so paid it off immediately hehe

1 Like

I have zero debt. School loans paid off long ago. I have no car or car loans. I have no credit card debt. My rental property is paid off.

1 Like

I’m not in any debt

2 Likes

I am willing to share.

1 Like

20 % of my income go towards debtrepayment and bills. When the loans are paid off i get myself an accordeon on another loan. This will be in about 6 months.

1 Like

Credit card debt of 2600$ used to be 8600$ but I payed it down and kept lowering the limit by about 1000$ at a time. I have seriously repaid for things like 3 or 4 times over 19.8% interest rate. I own my truck but its only worth only 1500-2000$. Don’t own a house or any land. Interesting thing is before I got the credit card I went to my credit union and asked for a global payment card, which is linked to a bank account so there’s no credit and no interest. They wouldn’t give me one. So much for credit unions looking out for their members! So couple years later I got a real credit card and confirmed my worst fears that I wouldn’t be able to manage the credit. I’ve had probably 50 over limit fees and 10s of thousands in interest.

1 Like

Before I got sick I was very carefree with money because I was able to get different jobs and work where ever and whenever. Even though I was young and didn’t know why I did it but I took out a student loan for $5500. I can’t even remember the reason I took it out but basically when I got sick the medical bills ruined my credit and I fell behind on the payments. I eventually stabilized and paid off my student loan and got a new secured credit card to build up my credit.

Long story short I paid off the student loan little by little and it eventually boosted up my credit store. Right now I’m at 700+ and debt free. I still live with my parents so all I do is save because I’m very scared of my future.

1 Like

No debt, but no money either.

1 Like

Yea that’s how I am now, my parents control my money, the gov put my disability money in their bank. I have impulsive and compulsive issues with money. I had big debts when I was on Abilify from using illegal drugs and paying prostitutes.
My parents paid them and my brother strangled me so I stop stealing money from my parents.

So yeah “No debt, but no money either” is better than having debts!

1 Like

I lost consciousness when my brother strangled me.

1 Like

I have been taking advantage of the PC OPTIMUM points, and despite living on only $10,000 a year, I have managed to save $2,324.76.

No debt Mostly use debit card. Any cc purchases are paid in full each month by direct debit. Fairly small amount of savings.

1 Like

i have twenty five grand in old private student loans. my understanding is that it will soon be past the statute of limitations for them collect, though, so i’m not paying. i could pay it off, i just choose not to. and i’m not rich, but i’m on solid footing financially.

1 Like