Does anyone have a credit card

I have american express everyday blue card, i like it alot, gives me good rewards and cash back.

1 Like

I have a CC and a 750 credit rating thanks to being responsible for the last 10 years.

1 Like

I have Fair credit and four CC’s.

I don’t have any credit cards. Only two debit cards that way I don’t get into any debt.

3 Likes

I only use debit cards.

2 Likes

Last time I had a Visa I was on Abilify and was having spending problems. I had debts on my Visa that I couldnt pay bcz I was taking out cash from my Visa and using it online after I emptied my bank account.

I was even working full time back then, it was a spending disaster on Abilify. Now I don’t work, on disability and have much more money as I let my parents manage my money. On Abilify I would get aggressive when my parents tried to manage my money.

2 Likes

I have a simple credit card.

I have a credit card. Its quite handy though I barely use it (only to keep credit score up). I have an excellent credit score though. I try to maintain it as much as I can.

1 Like

I walked away from a lot of credit card debt and have never gotten another card. I just use my debit.

I have several. I ran the balance up on a couple of them into the thousands on stupid stuff and so I gave them to my sister to hold for safekeeping so I won’t rack up and more debt. It’s amazing how well you can get along without credit cards. In the past year, I think I needed to use a credit card literally just twice. And then paid off the balance in a few weeks. Incidentally, I paid off all my debt. But yeah, I get along without them fine.

1 Like

I have one credit card with a perpetually 0 balance, and also a debit card which is what I always use.

1 Like

No credit cards anymore. Have a debit card and that is cool. I paid off a 5k credit card debt when I came back to Oz. Took me a while but was proud I did that.

2 Likes

I don’t use credit cards. Only debit. Not into spending money on crap I don’t need, and I am able to cover my bills with the work I do

3 Likes

Its great u are working fade ,and making your own money pls do spoil yourself when u can ,like do a trip buy a good book.

i have a debit card which is enough for my needs and e banking.

3 Likes

Just the one, an Amazon Platinum card. You get 3 points for every pound you spend on amazon - and once you get a thousand you get a 10 quid gift card. Interest rates a bit high, but i take advantage of the money transfer promotions, where i can borrow 500 for 6 months interest free. £2500 credit limit - not bad for someone claiming uk benefits lol.

I get free prime membership as well, but i think they have stopped that.

1 Like

Same here. I don’t like the feeling of having debt hanging over me.

1 Like

I have one credit card, but it’s more of a deferred debit card. At the end of each month the balance is automatically settled. I use it mainly for online purchases because it has an insurance for online fraud. One bank once refused me a credit card. I don’t think they liked people on benefits.

1 Like

I had no problem getting a CC in the states on benefits. My credit limit is like $6,xxx in an income of about $18,000/yr. LOL

If you can not handle money it is wise to use a debit card only. But getting a CC was one of the best moves I’ve made. I built my credit over a few years and just bought a house in July: and this is all on benefits

5 Likes

I have a credit card, but I overspent so much in the past year (more than my salary), and I had to pay for it from my savings, so I regret it. It’s too convenient and makes you feel like you can pay for anything. I only use it for my net subscriptions now. I don’t use it to buy “stuff” anymore.

3 Likes

I’ve had a VISA credit card for two decades or so. Now, I have a combined credit+debit card. I never had a problem with debt, but when I was manic, I was spending a lot of my savings.

-Albert.