How is your relationship with sugar?

The doctor told me that I had a little sugar in my urine the last time I was tested. I’ve always loved sugar, and I have always took it to excess. When we went to the store last time I bought a big bottle of maple syrup and some strawberry preserves. Sugar affects my moods pretty strongly. When I don’t get it I am sullen and morose. When I do get sugar I am the nicest guy you ever met.

4 Likes

I can take or leave it. It doesn’t affect me much…

3 Likes

I have diabetes and I try to avoid sugar, but it is not so easy because so many food has sugar.

2 Likes

I’m afraid I might get diabetes. I’ve always craved sugar, pathologically. Even when I was little I would cover my cereal with sugar. If I came across an open batch of cookies I would eat over a dozen of them. I’m afraid it might be catching up on me.

1 Like

I quit sugar about a month ago now. Should have sooner, because a week after I was diagnosed with diabetes.

Since quitting excess sugar I have lost 16 pounds very quickly, feel better in general, don’t have cravings like I used to for something sweet, and can taste natural sweetness.

My blood sugars are also stabilizing over the past week. Mostly under 160.

3 Likes

In the old days, before June 1982, they would test your urine for sugar if you had diabetes. They didn’t have home blood glucose meters back then. Did your doctor test your blood sugar to see if you have diabetes? My grandfather who died in 1982 had diabetes as well as me.

2 Likes

I eat too much of it for my liking, but I have much bigger problems to tackle, so I just kind of let it slide a bit. Overall I don’t do too badly.

I don’t keep sweets in the house like cookies, because I’ll eat the whole box in one sitting. But I do have Kool-Aid and will have a glass of that in the early afternoon when I get a sugar craving. And I do have Clif bars when I really want a sugar hit, but I don’t eat them every day. I usually eat three or four servings of fruit too, which of course has sugar.

He must have checked my urine. All he said was that they had found some sugar in my urine.

1 Like

I don’t indulge in sugary foods often I do however enjoy consuming savory snacks like chips.
Once in a while I’ll add some sugar to my coffee.

I have diabetes

1 Like

I love eating dried figs after work. They look like shrivelled testicles and the hundreds of seeds inside look like sperm. It’s kind of funny.

4 Likes

I eat figs cos I don’t like lots of sugary processed food at the moment. Having said that I do not understand how the body’s health works, and whether or not the fact that we all seem to be different somehow means that food does or doesn’t affect us all differently. For me personally, I do like to be non processed food thou in terms of sugar because it just makes me feel more comfortable :relieved: but that is me, idk what makes others comfortable. :grin:

I eat less sugar than before but I’m trying to cut down a little more. I still have weakness for marmalade, and have to have at least a teaspoon of sugar in my coffee and porridge

1 Like

I like sugar, but too much and I’ll feel sick. I have come close to prediabetes, but never diagnosed.

We’re not on speaking terms. She moved back into her ex boyfriends house and it broke my sweet, pre diabetic heart

2 Likes

I eat altogether way too much sugar. And I take three AP’s so I’m at risk for diabetes.

I’m inspired by @anon4362788 's story. She quit sugar and no longer suffers from sugar/sweet cravings. I can’t imagine a life like that!

2 Likes

Im in a longterm relationship with sugar :nerd_face::partying_face:

2 Likes

I like sugar but I usually only get to have really sugary products on the rare occasions that my blood sugar is low.

1 Like

It’s just time to quit. I spent forever addicted to it. Sugar works just like a drug. And even though I did, it was too late.

Still hoping i can reverse the duabetes.

2 Likes
1 Like

I prefer savoury food to sweet tasting food, but it a close run thing. I have sweeteners in coffee, and no sugar or sweeteners in tea. Usually each week I have 2 apple turnovers with cream, and if they’re not available raspberry turnovers with cream. I’ve not bought a bag of sugar since I’ve lived in this town. I think cutting down on takeaways has helped quite a lot when it comes to how much sugar I have.

2 Likes