How are you about eating sweets?

I’ve always craved sugar, but that has diminished a little since I’ve gotten old. When I was little I ate a LOT of sugar. I don’t think it will hurt me, though. It’s brain diseases that kill my family. How about you? How much sugar do you eat?

3 Likes

Very little these days. I have diabetes that I’m getting under control.

1 Like

Zero.

Since lab showed pre-diabetic - tried to cut sugar. Used to be a sugar addict.

After two mos was able to stop sugar, sweets, drinks, desserts completely.
Only sugar come from raw fruits vegetables and salad dressings. Been about 7 mos.
No longer craving sugar at all.

3 Likes

I don’t crave sweets but my wife has a sweet tooth…just gave away my half of the oreos we got from food bank…don’t need it.

2 Likes

I probably need to cut down on sugar for my health.

2 Likes

I crave sweets like crazy

2 Likes

Sugar is truly not good for us, but it’s in everything.
So cutting it anywhere you can will help.

1 Like

As long as I am home I don’t eat much sugar.

2 Likes

I used to eat a ton of sugar. I decided a while ago to have 1 cup of fruit with every meal. I hardly crave sugar any more. Used to love candy now I don’t really get it so much.

2 Likes

I eat lots of bread and rice though, too much carbs.

2 Likes

I have a sweet tooth but I discipline myself to not buy chocolate and lollies and cakes etc often.

I don’t have sugar in my coffee so that’s good.
I used to have two sugars but gave it up.

2 Likes

I don’t think carbs are bad for you. They say that long distance runners eat a lot of carbs before a race, at least they used to. There was a school of thought among dieticians a few decades ago that we should get most of our calories from carbs. I haven’t heard that recently, though.

1 Like

I mean if you don’t exercise and eat lots of carbs its bad as you will gain weight.

1 Like

I got like a big milka bar yesterday, took 2 bites then threw it away. My taste buds changed i guess

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.