How do you spend your days if you're not employed

I’m on a break right now and am struggling a lot with finding the motivation to do anything besides watch TV or lie on my bed. Looking for ideas on ways to spend my time. I’m on Vraylar 3 mg, not sure if it’s the meds or the illness itself.

2 Likes

Do you have any hobbies?

Just biking and walking.

3 Likes

I spend my days managing ■■■■ in my head

Sometimes there’s nothing to do there and I get bored. These are the bad times

But your onto something with the exercise. Keep following those kinds of rewards

GL

I just watch TV. :orangutan::orangutan::orangutan:

1 Like

My hobby is to write down my voices.

1 Like

I have no motivation to do much, either. I spend most of my days in bed. I need to change this, but it’s so hard.

4 Likes

I would highly recommend both. Even if you don’t feel like it, make it a short walk or ride. Exercise helps me more than anything else

2 Likes

Clean, bake yummy goods, go for walks, volunteer, exercise, visit with family and friends

3 Likes

I only work part time, usually 2 days a week. So I have a lot of free time even though I work.

I usually just spend most of my time on the Internet or watch TV.

Then I have chores like cutting the grass, cooking my parents dinner, grocery shopping, etc…

6 Likes

I’m not working right now. I have several hobbies such as writing, art, reading, yoga (I do this one once in a while, but want to do it more), cycling on my stationary bike, crochet and knitting. I’m going to be starting CBT soon, and hope to one day rejoin the work force, even if only part-time. It’s very hard to be self-starting sometimes. There are hours where I sit in my recliner too much doing nothing, or sometimes doing mindfulness meditation. Schizophrenia is exhausting to live with, and so is diabetes, and then there are the med side effects…life is hard.

4 Likes

resting/naps
journaling
drawing and painting
physical activity
online on various sites
looking for volunteering
eating nice food

2 Likes

I go to RDS, Rehabilitation Day Services, on weekdays.

1 Like

Read the newspaper, listen to music, walks in nature, exercise on stationary bike, study online, do groceries, order stuff online, follow the stock markets, eat, sleep and most importantly browse this forum.

1 Like

Wake up at 3pm
Read the online newspapers.
Go through the routine websites.
Read online newspapers again
Sit with staff and chat

i watch movies and listen music and make music. I don’t get bored too often…

1 Like

I usually read, play my guitar/bass, work on settings on my pedalboard, get on this forum, cook, listen to some music. I don’t often listen to music though, because then I can’t be aware of the street sounds, and my paranoia doesn’t like that

1 Like

When I didn’t work, I would basically play ps4 and read e-books from the library app. I’d go for at least one hour long walk a day.

why not make a list of stuff to do

1 Like

I don’t do much at all. Listen to music, watch TV, peruse the internet, hang with my dog, socialize with my folks. That’s about it on a daily basis

1 Like