How do you spend your days if you're not employed

If it’s bath day, first thing I do is either bathe or shower, then dress. Next, I pray. Then I call up my friend and chat for a while. Then I attend to either phone calls related to personal business or to various appointments like doctor or nurses, music or Spanish teachers, volunteer work, or massage appointment, etc… etc… I also attend Mass every Saturday evening.

Later in the evening, I practice yoga and then practice piano for an hour. Anytime during the day, I am prone to practicing meditation while resting off migraines, which occur at unpredictable times. After piano practice, I retire to bed, usually with a book or with my Spanish language app, Duolingo.

2 Likes

I spend my days online, doing housework, playing with my kitty, cooking, visiting, and napping.

When I try to “nap” I usually just end up sleeping several hours. A “nap” of a intended half hour to an hour just does not work out for me.

As for how I spend my days, I mostly browse the forum, walk the dog if I’m motivated, go shopping or picking up food or cigarettes and play with the dog. I don’t do much on the way of hobbies. A couple people here suggested recently that I take my dog to the park. I may start doing that.

1 Like

My naps are almost always an hour, and I feel refreshed. If for some reason it goes longer I feel groggy.

2 Likes

I’ve got a list of seven things to do everyday. Just basic Personal Care, a shower, a bit of exercise, Etc. I keep it on the table right where I sit, and refer to it throughout the day. It includes building in a little me time, like playing the guitar or meditation

3 Likes

For the past week, I have been rather melancholy. I stay in bed more. I haven’t accomplished much. I have gone to the gym only twice or three times, I think.

I have spent some time crying, walking to the convenience store, eating out a bit, in spite of needing to watch my expenses more.

I went swimming, recently, however, and finished the written portion of driver’s ed, again, for the first time, since I was fifteen.

2 Likes

Volunteering. Doing work around house. At times I get calls to get something done when I am low and bit jittery. Or nervously excited. Or couldn’t sleep night before. These make me anxious and bit restless at work.

2 Likes

Most days I’m busy with the baby. But i do go out twice a week to either card game events or to a local cafe to play board games or warhammer.

Other than that I walk the dog, see family and attend appointments.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.