How are you in the mornings, when you get up?

I always feel like I’ve been punched in the head ! It takes 3-4 hours for this feeling to go away. I sleep about 10-12 hours. Maybe I’m oversleeping.

But 3-4 hours to feel somewhat human is a large chunk of the day.

4 Likes

I feel that way too. I’m just not a morning person! My husband moans that I only get up and make breakfast at 9:30am or 10am even.
When I wake up I’m at my most depressed and not looking forward to the day so it takes forever to get up.
No matter how early I go sleep at night I still sleep too long in morning

2 Likes

I usually wake right up, as long as I got a full night’s sleep. Otherwise I might be kind of out of it. I get up, drink coffee, pray and blog. I wasn’t always a morning person but in the last few years I have adjusted to this.

6 Likes

Buy your husband some cereal and milk.

3 Likes

This morning was good but I slept well last night. On nights I don’t sleep well it can be hell for me to fully wake up the next day, normally accompanied by symptoms

2 Likes

Thats no fun. When off prescribed amphetamines i feel pretty terrible all day. No amount of coffee can make me feel alert or energized. But luckily im on amphetamine so i get up around 8. Pick up the amps at the pharmacy around 9. Then i start my day around 930/10. I seep 8-10 hours.

1 Like

I usually get super groggy and bleh for a few hours.

1 Like

I always wake up very cheerful. And then by evening I’m a crazed weirdo

3 Likes

Its been pretty rough these days, not wanting to get up and stuff.

1 Like

If you are on oral medication, the cycle is not constant like a depot injection.

I find i am knocked out for a day or two on the depot but the rest of the month I am fine.

The pills are not consistent in how they work on the body and the 24 hour cycle ebbs and flows inconsistently compared to a depot.

Perhaps you might consider it.

1 Like

I go to sleep early just to be first who drinks coffee :smile: so my mornings are good, i enjoy it since i don’t stay up till past midnight.

2 Likes

I’m a morning person, but I have to have my coffee to get thinking straight.

1 Like

Sometimes after I woke up and getting my meds from the nursing service, I go back to bed and lay or sleep until 11 o’clock or 12 o’clock. Then I usually start getting nicotine in my system.

But I feel very rubbish. I just set an alarm clock when I have to go somewhere, like my pdoc or the depot or legal guardian. Most of the time I wake up around 7 o’clock and wait in my bed for the nursing service. I disslike to stand up before that.

1 Like

Oh I feel like crap, and I sleep in till 2 pm on most days. I go to bed at like 10pm the night before…

2 Likes

I usually have no problem getting up mornings. I sleep in often on weekends and my days off but once I’m out of bed I am ready to go quickly. I usually take a shower in the morning and by the time I get out of the shower and get dressed I feel fine.

I have times over the years where getting out of bed is such a struggle. That might go on for a year but I am in a period now where I like to squeeze out every last minute of sleep I can and when my alarm goes off I might lay in bed ten or 15 minutes more before getting up, but I don’t sleep too much.

I always think best in the mornings.

I remember back in the eighties when I had my first job out of the hospital I was sharing a small apartment and when my alarm went off every morning I didn’t hesitate, I jumped right out of bed on work days.

2 Likes

My Zyprexa gives me insomnia, so I wake up between 7 and 8 a.m. to take it. Once it kicks in, I’m up for the day with no problem.

2 Likes

Most days I wake up refreshed, but I’m more of a night owl than a morning lark.

2 Likes

I get real groggy when I try to wake up and pretty much struggle for a few hours until I over come it and get out of bed.

1 Like

If I get enough sleep, like at least 9.5 to 10 hours in a night, I usually feel great.

2 Likes

I usually feel like crap in the morning. It takes an hour or two to get my head on straight.

1 Like