Heavy smokers circle. How to give up smoking?

I smoke every day and my life doesn’t get better. If I quit I think it will not be better. But I’ll save some health

2 Likes

You couldnt be more wrong.

Smoking gives me a lots of emotional comfort cause i am so fcked up. Wish my life would be functional and could quit. In reality i got bad asthma turning into emphysema. But the comfort of cigarettes outweigh the physical disease. Just like the destructive Ap medications outweigh the sideeffects. We don’t live long cause of the medications but we live mentally weller.

Switch to vaping then quit vaping.

3 Likes

I can’t vape. My lungs are kaputt. I got a vapor but can’t inhale. I have to cough to much unlike my rolled cigarettes.

Cut yourself some slack. You have a lot of issues, so I think the smokes can be given a pass.

My case worker thinks I shouldn’t give up

1 Like

I smoke about a pack and a half most days, but have been cutting back due to being at work and not being able to smoke whenever I want.

So to get my nicotine, I’ve been chewing the nicotine gum-- it really, really takes the edge off.

Maybe you can try replacing cigarettes with the gum (if it’s available in your country).

Best of luck! :sunflower:

2 Likes

The Government decided to make Australia a smokefree country and increased the tabbaco prizes not to encourage smoking. We have 3000 suicides a year and i can visualize a connection. Usually wealthy people are functional and have no moneyissues to afford smoking but it hits the disfunctional poor. I don’t know what they are thinking when at all. I trust they could have got psychiatric advice but the doctors chicken out. They can’t help patients quit smoking in psychiatry. I was one of their failed experiments in the locked ward back than.

But who cares about disfunctional people ? They are bad for the economy. I think there was a very bad bad dictator did something similar. A German don’t smoke, as it was said back than. I really don’t care about money, but i thought when i retire i could afford at least beers and tabacco till i die.

Cigarettes are a rip off here too

I know someone who goes to Greece every couple of months and she gets me 10x pouches of tobacco for half the price

1 Like

We are paying $Aus 50 for 20 g of tabbacco. I would import tabacco from america cause its much cheaper but its illegal. Its not a rip off its a deliberate killing the smokers smartfast.

İ m planning to live at least 40 years more. And i don t think my 350mg three monthly invega shot and100mg daily seroquel chemical intake cost lot of destruction at my body.its nonsense.unhealthy life style are responsible for disease not medicines.i mean these are ridiculous doses if you consider our body mass.but unless you have to quit smoke and feed yourself healthy

1 Like

When you think so. I don’t think so and believe it. A nazi got it so much easier.

1 Like

If your serious about quitting smoking. The key is investing in a decent vaper. At least £60 quid here anyway in the uk, preferbaly sub-ohm. Copping out and getting a cheap one is not gonna satisfy your cravings. A mouth to lung one is best.

Shop around for the liquids as well. Mine cost the princley sum of a quid each. And they are safe. They dont have vitiman E Acetate in them , which can give you popcorn lung

Yeah we had a “baccy man” who would take orders from the pub i used to drink in. Was usually £10 each for 50grams of GV.

1 Like

I quit while in the hospital so it was easy. I was a heavy smoker too. Now I’m just chewing nicorette it works. I’m on 2mg and order it online so it saves me a trip to the store. I still miss smoking some times.

I dunno I smoke heavier than anyone and I’m at like a pack in the morning than the patch although I wish it was like zero smoking seriously sucks

Ill never quit smoking or drinking its the only pleasure I have living with negative symptoms is like that

I smoked for a decade or more. I eventually gave it up because it made me feel like garbage: no energy, couldn’t breathe, congestion, headaches, smelly… I just stopped.

I don’t know if other smokers feel like this, but I just couldn’t take it anymore.

4 Likes

Here in germany, I pay just 27.50€ for 200gr of tobacco. It last for longer than seven days. Smoking has the benefit of killing you. That’s worth the price. Today I bought two packs of 30gr tobacco, for each pack I just payed 4€. There’s no reason to quit smoking until you’re not a Gutmensch. I try to quit, but the benefits of smoking outweight the negatives effects.

I started yesterday to roll my cigs without a filter and had lesser of a cough. I would like to quit sometimes. But the boring life of no addictions is probably not worth it. Just breathing fresh air does nothing positive to myself. Being disabled has no reason or sense to continue living a positive life.

1 Like