Got 1622 calories left today. What should I eat?

Something low fat. 151515

3 Likes

Veggie Burger

1 Like

Tomato soup…

1 Like

Left?!? :open_mouth: That’s more than I eat in an entire day!

I vote a big salad with lots of fruit.

1 Like

:sob: :cold_sweat: all these comments make me so sad. Life is way too short, eat what you like!

If you have certain health problems and want to eat healthier you can! Just try not to count calories it can really be detrimental to your mental health and self image.

As long as you’re eating your veggies and fruit, and eating proteins like eggs or whatever you should be good! Eat something that makes you happy.

1 Like

Women are considered active if they walk more than 3 miles per day, or participate in exercise equivalent to walking that distance. Active women need about 2,000 to 2,400 calories per day for healthy weight maintenance.

Moderately active women exercise the equivalent of walking 1.5 to 3 miles per day, and they require about 1,800 to 2,200 calories each day for healthy weight maintenance.

Sedentary women don’t participate in exercise outside of normal, day-to-day activities – such as house cleaning. Based on USDA guidelines, inactive women need about 1,600 to 2,000 calories per day for healthy weight management.

1 Like

At 1500 calories a day I’ll gain weight. My dietitian advised me to stick to 1200-1500 calories a day. I think I’ll trust a professional that knows my situation over some generic statistics.

2 Likes

Alright. I’m just gunna be thankful I can eat whatever the ■■■■ I want and not feel bad about myself.

Like I said, life is too short in my opinion. I don’t mind if I gain weight.

I’m 4’11" and weigh about 275 lbs. I’ve reached my limit of not caring. Though, most of that is because of the APs. I’ve always kept a pretty strict diet.

Sorry but unless you are rather small any dietician that says you’ll gain weight on 1500 calories is talking ■■■■ .

1 Like

To maintain weight. I did you on 275lbs female 30-60 light activity recommended calorie intake: you need 2986.21128 calories per day

http://www.changingshape.com/calculators/daily-calorie-intake/

Winging a diet everyday is not advisable.

If you want to take a diet seriously then you need to plan ahead. Make a list of meals to eat in a week, every single one, breakfast, lunch annd dinner. Shop for it, specifically in your weeky shop. Make it a regimen.

In this way you are not as likely to break into whim and fancy. “I’ll just have this or that” mentality. A diet is not a day but months in hand. If you want to make it real then good planning is most advisable.

Good luck.

I have to stay within 1450 calories a day and I eat anything I want.

1 Like

Under moderate activity that could be true. but i think she mentioned something healthwise that prevented regular/moderate activitly levels.

She is also short like me (I am 5"2)
:grinning:

She d have to engage in what would be heavy physical exercise to eat 2500 calories each day, wouldnt she???

Height would dictate how much you should weigh. Weight and level of activity dictates how many calories you need to maintain or lose weight.

1 Like

I’m rather small (150 cm/4’11") And she didn’t believe me at first either. I kept a couple months worth of food logd and she checked my weight and we even did a study while I was inpatient for a month so she knew exactly what I was eating and how much I was exercising and 1500 calories a day is what it took to get me to gain. Very slow gain, but gain nonetheless.

1 Like

yes, agreeing with you about calorie needs being based on hieght and activity level. Just letting know there could be an unknown reason she is told that amount as an individual.

“anything I want”

Ahhh… I remember those days fondly. I was working at a kennel doing the butt busting job position of training/exercise yard. It was 8 full hrs of running jumping, walking, etc.1 hr lunch break.

I could eat a dinner of a pizza, 2litter of coke and half a chocolate cake. not even give it afirst thought.

One time I gained sixty pounds in 120 days. I don’t know how I did it. In order to gain that much body fat, I would have had to have a daily calorie surplus of 1750 calories, every day, for 120 days. I know I didn’t put on that much muscle, and there is no way I could have held that much water. There are other factors that determine a person’s weight besides calories.

1 Like

cheese burger? :slight_smile: