Daily Calorie calculator

http://www.calculator.net/calorie-calculator.html

Results for me:

You need 2,337 Calories/day to maintain your weight.
You need 1,837 Calories/day to lose 1 lb per week.

I’m currently struggling with just 2100 calories. But I seem to have stopped losing weight on even 2100.

I’m not sure I can survive on 1800 calories a day.

This dieting thing isn’t funny anymore.

You need 1,483 Calories/day to maintain your weight.
You need 983 Calories/day to lose 1 lb per week

1 Like

I’m kind of skeptical about how calories affect your weight. One time I gained 60 lbs. in 120 days. That’s a half a pound a day. The weight I gained could only have been body fat. It couldn’t have been muscle or water weight. In order to gain that much body fat I would have needed a calorie excess of 1,750 calories a day. I was in a mental hospital then. They didn’t feed us that well. I’ve heard of people making similar kinds of weight gains. There have to be other factors that affect your weight.

1 Like

Stupid calculator. Hopefully it’s wrong. I’ll give it another week on 2100, then drop it to 2000. I think that’s the best way to find out the correct calories needed anyway. If it was easy none of us would need to lose weight. :smile:

1 Like

I’m not sure this calculator is any good. I’ve been losing weight at 1200 calories a day :slight_smile:

1 Like

Phew! That’s all I needed to hear. I’ll just forget I saw that stupid calculator.

1 Like

hah this is pretty sweet:

You need 2,684 Calories/day to maintain your weight.
You need 2,184 Calories/day to lose 1 lb per week.
You need 1,684 Calories/day to lose 2 lb per week.
You need 3,184 Calories/day to gain 1 lb per week.
You need 3,684 Calories/day to gain 2 lb per week.

If I were lightly active… which I don’t know I bike around a bit if ■■■■ is close and also lift… quite irregularly… trying to get back to doing a set twice a day… but my sleep schedule is fizucked…

1 Like

This BMI based stuff is not really the best basis for establishing a diet or caloric goals. It doesn’t account for muscle/body fat ratio or anything like that. Big factors in how much energy you burn.

Switched it over to BMI calculator and got this:

BMI = 25.68 kg/m2 (Overweight)
Normal BMI range: 18.5kg/m2 - 25 kg/m2
Normal BMI weight range for the height: 144.1lbs - 194.7 lbs
Ponderal Index: 13.66 kg/m3

Then flip it over to the body fat calculator:

body fat = 1.1%

hah yeah right… I mean I even went with the belt size that fits loosely and I have a gut… 1.1% my ass…

So I’m an overweight man with 1.1% body fat… I must be one strong mo-■■■■…

and I know that last bit ain’t true either

Seriously though ■■■■ calorie counting if you want to lose weight. Calories are an approximate at best. Calories come in different forms and our bodies process them differently…

Fat and Sugar… all the various forms of those. Then the amount of muscle you have and something more accurate to measure the energy expended while you work out.

Calories count energy. Walking so many miles while tracking your altitude and knowing your weight can show how much energy you expended in casually moving yourself. Ironically though… it’s totally easier and faster to just ride a bike and you will spend the exact amount of calories as if you were walking… in this regard. How quickly your body heats up and other factors would change how many calories you burn.

Say exercising 1 to 3 times a week is relative as ■■■■.

Seeing as how I’ve slaughtered this thread with my ranting here… I’ll just throw this on.

Fish and Chicken with minimal beef to compliment.
Carbs and minimal sugar.
and a complete multivitamin for your age-group and gender.
Get that fiber from whole wheat products and oats so you poop good…

It covers all the bases… You avoid cholesterol by going light on the beef. Eggs are good if kept within the recommended serving size per day.

1 Like

All bodies are different. So besides the obviouse things where you try to avoid eating too mny sugars, fats and processed foods you should watch how your body reacts after eating and also how you feel. Cravings are also important to if its for something healthy. Like one week i kept craving bananas and i dont usuallt like them so it must have been die to the fact that my body needed something that was in them. Also instead of thinking of dieting think of doing small changes to ur diet as lifestyle changes. This way it is easier to maintain for the rest of ur life and u become healthier all around. I grew up with really unhealthy food like pizza 3 times a week and pop all the time also lots of chips. What i did was i started small i tried to avoid maybe 1 of those and eat them less often and less often. But dont beat urself up if u do as well just say instead tommorrow i will do even better. It took me 3 or 4 years to get into a healthy lifestyled diet but truly the long way is better in my opinion. Anyone i see do a fiet for a konth always gains it back and really over the course of a lifetime a month is insignificant.

4 Likes

Im real sceptical about calorie counting. Alot of the time people depend on it purely, without excersize. Which can cause mucle loss and actually slow down your matabolism. I would recomend not dropping anymore and now try to focus on ecxersize to build some muscle tone.(preferably something arobic)

Depending on calorie counting alone can lead to people eating less and less calories and stuck at a same weight. It aslo causes some people to just eat junk food with absolutely no room for anything else. If i can only have lets say 1800 calories and i eat 3 doughnuts that only leavea me with 800ish calories to do anything useful.

I’d rather just eat healthy, stay away from junk, and excersize

3 Likes