Got 1622 calories left today. What should I eat?

I likewise gained 100 lbs in 6 months while on saphris and still on a strict 1500 calorie a day diet. There’s definitely more to it than just calories. Especially when APs are involved.

1 Like

Might be relevant.>

In the study, the risperidone-drinking mice also gained weight—an average of 10 percent of their normal body mass in just two months. And when researchers sequenced the microbes in the mice’s poop, they found that the microbial communities in the animals’ intestinal tracts were dramatically altered.

By measuring energy intake, oxygen consumptions, carbon dioxide release, and heat production, the team found that the drug-dosed mice were burning fewer calories while resting and sleeping compared to normal mice. In fact, the drug-dosed mice were burning about 16 percent fewer calories. That would be equivalent to a person on a standard 2,000 calorie-a-day diet eating a McDonald’s cheeseburger everyday in addition to their normal diet, which would lead to about a 29-pound weight gain over a year, the authors note.

After some calculations, the researchers found that the lower calorie-burning rate matched up with the weight gain they saw in the mice.

2 Likes

Zyprexa is what did it to me. The whole time I was on that drug I craved sugar and I wanted to sleep.

Lite n easy is great because they count Calories for you .

Expensive but thoughtful and simple and delicious.

I am so happy because we bought so much beautiful food.

I got early present and bought food with soMe of it.

Love :two_hearts: our food!!!

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.