Finally: Lumateperone (Caplyta)

I’m taking my first capsule of Lumateperone 42 mg tonight. Steady state should be reached in 5 days.

Will share my experiences here.

20 Likes

Is it an AP? 666999

That’s awesome. I wanted to be out on that med, but my doctor hadn’t heard of it yet. So he put me on Vraylar instead.

1 Like

I think you’re the first person here to take it. It’ll be interesting to see how it goes long term for you , for sure.

2 Likes

Good luck!
Yes please keep us posted.

2 Likes

@anon9805972 what are you current symptoms?
Do you have negative symptoms like avolition or anhedonia?

1 Like

Do you have apathy (no emotions)?
What’s your hygiene level and bathing frequency?

1 Like

I have no positive symptoms, but severe negative (e.g. anhedonia and apathy) and cognitive symptoms. Hygiene level is normal.

I woke up after 45 minutes with tachycardia, then they gave me Lorazepame so that I could sleep (the somnolence due to Caplyta wasn’t strong enough). Therefore, I’m feeling dizzy. I also had dry mouth after waking up, but it’s nearly gone now. I cannot say if it has something improved yet, have to wait.

8 Likes

dry mouth was very common as a side effect during the trials, do you think the tachycardia was from the lumateperone?

1 Like

I’m not sure, let’s see how it is this night.

3 Likes

@anon9805972

What? …so it’s no good?

he’s been on it one night there’s no way you can say if it’s good or not

3 Likes

Could also be getting withdrawal from the last medication he gave up before trying Lumateperone.

Best of luck!

You not got any positive symptom till now?

1 Like

I’m free of positive symptoms for over a year thanks to Cariprazine.

My second night with Lumateperone was much better and I’m feeling less dizzy and tired today. Plus: No noticeable tachycardia. Dry mouth only in the early morning.

5 Likes

Any sexual side effects?

I don’t notice any.

1 Like

Thank you for being one of the first to give this a try, what is the cost?

Keep us informed about negative symptoms, lack of emotions, lack of motivation, energy, lack of pleasure, asociality, self-neglect and poverty of speech/thoughts.

Thanks for informing us. :grin: