Fear of death

I can’t stop obsessing about my consciousness possibly being destroyed with death. I’m paranoid too of getting murdered and dying an early death. Has anyone gotten over their fear of dying? Do you think there’s something after death?

2 Likes

Bump 15151515115

Depression medicine took care of this problem for me. See if you can get on some, or change what you’re on.

1 Like

I’ve been on Cipralex for 6 and 1/2 weeks.

Death is a natural thing that occurs all the time. No need to fear. Death comes every fall and reminds us that it’s inevitable. Make peace with it and try to live your best life.

2 Likes

I’m not afraid of dying that’s the simple part. Living is much harder. I’m more scared of my loved ones dying and watching them be in pain. But, you can’t be scared all the time and not live the only life your given. You only know or don’t know what happens after death when it happen

3 Likes

I’m more at peace than I once was about this… but we can’t discuss religion

3 Likes

Pm me if it’s about religion, I’m interested.

Will you be triggered?

Doubt it

I am ready for the final dream and to spend an eternity in non existence. My hopes, dreams, where everything about me is gone, erased, only to return in other forms, my body will be scattered to the Earth.

I used to be scared like a child about it, but its something we all learn to accept in time. When the reaper taps our shoulder every so often to remind us of whats coming. Its a simple nod and back to living life the way i want.

1 Like

I also worry about this, but I don’t fear an early death and I know that 35 is still young. I’m telling myself “you’re too young to even worry about it.” Not sure how much longer that’s gonna be true for though. Back in my twenties I never gave it a second thought.

There’s a commercial for something where a guy goes to his buddy, “this is you… worry worry worry worry worry worry dead. This is me… happy happy happy happy happy happy dead. See the difference?” That made me think about things a lot more.

What I don’t buy is the line “death gives life meaning.” In my opinion, death is not necessary to give life meaning. You can enjoy something without facing the threat of it being taken away.

I hope you can get past it. It affects every single other person, if that makes you feel any better.

3 Likes

Dude you made it, you’ve outlived Kurt Cobain, Jim Morrison, Jimmy Hendix, Amy Winehouse… hah. I’m kidding of course. You should look forward to being alive for the Playstation 30. I worry about an early death. Goodness knows my physical health has been steadily deteriorating largely due to the fact that I’ve become obese and have been for the past 5 years. I’d say more but 5 years ago I was losing a ton of weight while off meds. I nearly got down to 220 which might just be shy of obesity for my height. Not 100% sure about that though. Anyway, I’ve lost a total of 7 pounds in the last three months. It sure as hell isn’t much and I would have lost more except that I splurged some days like on my birthday, my sister’s bday and such.

I weigh so much right now. Jeez. I never thought I’d be this fat. At least when I was thin I didn’t make fun of fat people. Hah.

I’m only 24 years old though.

I’m 27, but I kept moping and sobbing about dying and I’m an atheist so I don’t think there is an after life. I assume that I will be gone for good. I know its not true necessarily. Our actions impact the world and create tangible changes that effect society. I just kept getting hung up on death and how traumatic dying might be, and how awful a send off that would be for having suffered through life. I had that completely go away when I went on depression medicine.

A lot of this worry can be natural but sometimes its just an imbalance and it pushes you into a dark part of your head and where you are.

I eventually tried to get off the depression medicine but I started randomly having crying bouts and stuff and eventually I decided that I needed to go back on it.

I hope you give it at try or try a variety to see if you get a positive result. I know I had to go through a few before I found one that worked well for me.

If your income is low enough in the U.S. a lot of this can be paid for by medicaid or you can be on programs like “extra help” which vary between states.

I’m not exactly afraid of dying i’m afraid of the pain it will cause my love ones. But then there’s times I feel like it wouldn’t bother them. That’s how I overcame my thoughts of suicide.

I just don’t want people talking sh** about me when I’m gone.

2 Likes

I don’t fear dying, I would prefer a painless death, but who knows what will happen. I am looking forward to being reunited with old friends and family and hopefully pets I’ve had along the way. I hope that this illness doesn’t continue on with my soul.

1 Like

Like Tupac Shakur said “My only fear of death is coming back reincarnated”

3 Likes

I’m struggling with this among other things right now.

I don’t have any fixed view on it no matter what I read about or stories you hear.

Is there a particular reason you’re worried? I wouldn’t worry until something gives a reason to go through the worry.

Last I went to the ER they told me I had masses on my kidneys and I have not felt the same since. They acted like it was going to be lethal.

Either way my stress levels have exceeded far beyond my means of coping how I usually cope. Never experienced a complete break before but have had a breakdown.

Isn’t it great facing the uncertainty of such a thing? Lol. Nope. Never heard anyone say that.