Do you think you will ever date?

Never never never again. I would rather have a baseball bat to the knee. And that’s pretty tame. I am sickened by the thought. Completely repulsed.

1 Like

No. No, I don’t think Mrs. Squirrel would approve of me dating!!!

:flushed:

11 Likes

im not interested in sexual relationships…consider themn to be rather shallow…I was on a date once when I was 18…it was an awful embarrassing date…couldn’t talk to the girl…just sat there awkwardly talking crap…it hurt…haven’t been on a date since and im 42 now (and still a virgin!!)

1 Like

I feel i can’t fully trust someone. I’m 24 and i was in love before (2 years ago) but now i can’t.
There’s a lot of pressure to find someone but i don’t even know if i’m prepared or if want to. It’s a little struggle…i’m focusing in college.

1 Like

I’m 34 and never had a long-term romantic relationship. I find the idea of sex unpleasant. If I date it will be through an asexual dating app, if there is such a thing. I’m tired of seeing successful families on Christmas commercials on television it’s depressing.

1 Like

Honestly I’m not really sure. I kind of doubt it. I have a job but I’m on disability/Medicaid. It’s extremely hard to find someone who understands and who won’t take things personal during an episode. As bad as it sounds im ok with not dating if I’d just be unhappy with someone instead. I’m open to dating, just don’t want to get my hopes up. Just want to let it happen in it’s own time.

No, definitely not. I don’t want another person to be hurt by me.

1 Like

I want to, and am kind of trying kind of not trying.

I dont think I’ll find someone who will put up with me, my illness, and my debt.

I really want to be okay being alone. That’s my longterm goal, and it seems more realistic than finding someone.

Im kind of fed up with dating. I noticed guys have different expectations generally. Last guys i dated with tried to either kiss me against my very explicitly stated wishes on a first date or tried to convince me to kiss by whining about it for ages despite my clear no. I will stay single.

Hmm…i saw i already responded. Im getting forgetful. Another reason not to date - my mind is chaos.

2 Likes

No. I have retired from romance. Single. No marriage. No kids. However, I do look forward to getting a dog soon.

1 Like

Things aren’t looking good. Probably not. I never dated when I was normal and high functioning before the illness and I don’t see anything changing unfortunately.

Yes, I will definitely date in the future but I don’t know with who and when.

Yes, absolutely! Just need a new set of wheels. Most of the women who are around my age have kids, which is the main difference between me trying to date now as opposed to when I was in my twenties. I miss my twenties.

I’ve been in a relationship for awhile. If this relationship ends, through the death of one of us, for example, I’m not sure where I would go.

No, I do not see myself dating in the foreseeable future. The three main reasons are: 1. My libido has disappeared due to the antipsychotic medication (Amisulpride), and 2. The stress would be too much for me, and 3. I’m too paranoid. I would always imagine my partner having an affair.

I don’t really miss dating. I’m quite content to be single. The only thing is miss is the affection. Being in love is amazing, when the other person feels the same way. Unfortunately, that’s only happened once for me. So, I’m not very hopeful of it ever happening again.

When you are in love with someone and that love is unrequited, it’s very painful. I really don’t want to fall in love with anyone. Unfortunately, it’s just not a choice that can be made. It just happens. I dread the thought of it.

1 Like

I don’t see it happening. I don’t really go out much, so I doubt I’d meet anybody.

I also don’t get why it’s up to the guy to ask someone out. I need the reassurance that the other person is interested too.

1 Like

I want too but need alot of things to change to get there

I agree with @Lifer right at this time isn’t a good time for me to date. I hope it will be a better time in the future.

Its not in the cards.

2 Likes

I’m involved in an asexual, non romantic, semi intimate relationship with a woman of longstanding now. I don’t know if I am very happy with her or not though. I’m kind of unhappy with her but I don’t know how to break it off. And I suspect she doesn’t know how to break it off either. She seems to “need” me for some reason. It’s really hopeless and sad. The problem is her grown daughter hates me and will never accept me and that is the whole problem.

2 Likes