Do you think you will ever date?

Not right now. I’m too unstable and unpredictable, but maybe later when I get better. At least that’s my plan anyway.

3 Likes

@SkinnyMe

Your words have the ring of truth to them, but all has not been revealed.

1 Like

Honestly, if I hadn’t started dating my husband as a teenager, and I were single today, I would probably stay that way. I just don’t think I could trust anyone. I am too afraid to be alone with strangers, how could I be vulnerable enough to be alone in a home or even naked with a man? Men scare me.

As for being able to date someone because I am cute or interesting or whatever…well I wholeheartedly believe we are all date worthy. We are all worthy of love and compassion from another person. Each of us. Idc if we have quirks or awkwardness…show me a neurotypical who doesn’t have a quirk…

2 Likes

My current “friend” and I are celibate. We are in a quasi relationship. If we ever break up, I will never date anyone else again.

1 Like

I met a woman that I am so attracted to.
She turns me on and I feel a spark which is great that I am able to feel this way.
She is a gay woman and so beautiful and lovely mannerism.
I want to ask her out on a date but I keep my sacred neigh at her n her family’s place so it might be awkward and I don’t want to risk losing agistment.
I might ask her out in the future but I don’t even know if she is single.
It’s very unusual for me to feel connection attraction with someone.i have only felt it a few times my whole life.
I can think someone looks good but just not have that sexual attraction for them and most of my x boyfriends I did not have it with.

If she is taken or I can’t ask her then I might join dating site around Xmas.
I will wait that long because I’m getting visitor from Sweden and can’t date while they are here and because I might have my own place to live in then so I won’t have to write living with family on my profile.

I really want to date and I’m ready to date this woman now but my sacred neigh comes first and I don’t want to have to move her now we finally have a beautiful home for her.

The other ones few I have had attraction to have been men.:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I would really like a girlfriend. Not sure what I have to offer though. I’m not like my brothers, they all have plenty of money to entertain, good jobs, no mi, etc…

5 Likes

It takes a long time and hard work but you will get there.

2 Likes

Mines not for the want to trying! But im certain i come off as desparate - and go too fast. And the woman i have had relationships with like to take all my money, so im wary now at the same time. Short answer - probably not ever again.

I also over share about my MI - and couple of occasions when they have found out, it all turns sour. I gotta learn to hold stuff back at times.

2 Likes

I’ve never really dated with anyone. There was a girl I used to see 6 years before I met my wife. I met her at day centre we both went to. We were both young for our age, and it wasn’t a serious adult relationship. I met my wife in hospital and she liked me and approached me. We just clicked without going through any dating ritual (hard to date in hospital). After a while we left hospital together . Hospital staff swore blind I’d be back in within 6 weeks. It been 36 years and counting. I don’t think now I’ll ever date. I struck lucky with my wife,but know I’m very far from being the best person to be equipped for a relationship.

1 Like

I haven’t been on many dates.
Usually the relationships just sort of happen without the formality of going on dates. The only real date I’ve been on ended horribly, so I feel a bit discouraged.

I’m not opposed to the idea of dating again, but meeting people to date is hard. I’m trying online dating, but there haven’t been many lasting results.

I’ve been with my boyfriend for 17 years or since I was 18. I have been celibate since I started to get sick. I’m not sure if I could date again, because I’d be afraid someone would be turned off by my medical problems. I take so many pills that they may get scared. My boyfriend’s used to it.

1 Like

I’m in a relationship but it’s taken me along time to be stable enough and well enough to get to this point.

2 Likes

The issue is that I’ve only dated twice whilst off meds and both times ended in me getting psychosis. Idk if it’s a good idea. I guess if I’m extra careful about who I go for n who wants to date me

1 Like

At your age I didn’t realize what my interests were. I knew I liked foreign languages but once I was exposed to different things (like humanitarianism, different cultures and engineering classes) I started to learn who I was. I wouldn’t suggest anyone date until they’re at least 25 and can get some experiences.

Well you’re humble for one thing. Girls really don’t like arrogant men.

2 Likes

My husband would get upset if I dated.

5 Likes

I had a dream about an old crush last night. He wouldn’t like me now. I’m too fat.

Thank u for that, I try to be.

My wife says I can get all the outside action I can handle. She doesn’t care but she doesn’t even let me leave the house to go out to eat so I don’t know when I would do it.

2 Likes

I’m sure I could date but not sure about marriage.

1 Like