Do you think that you are smart

Being physically attractive is much more than IQ or knowledge. It’s a total of your being, being wise, having experience etc. and i read your post and find you charming even i haven’t seen you

3 Likes

Both crystallised and fluid intelligence play a part in whether a person is ‘smart’ or not. If you’re an autistic person ,like me, it’s not unusual to be IQ smart but struggle with practical tasks.

I joined a 4 sigma IQ society the other day because I had the high range IQ test score to do so. That was the egotistical & vain part of me . Not too much later the imposter syndrome, ‘WTF did I do that?. I’m not good enough, I’m a fraud’, part of me kicked in

2 Likes

I think you are so good at articulating yourself. You just say everything lol.

Nice skill.

I don’t have that.

1 Like

I’m not trying to make a pity party.

It’s just that the lack of interest symptom is very real.

It is like I just can’t get into things literally.

And like my mind can’t be asked to remember things I hear as facts and interesting knowledge

It just doesn’t have the capability to want to remember

I wonder if that is all depression :crazy_face:

I don’t know.

2 Likes

I don’t feel depressed, but I do feel disillusioned by a lot of things, myself included. It makes interest and effort difficult.

1 Like

I think im smart enough to do what im doing in life right now. My brain isnt by any means a well oiled machine.

1 Like

I went to a concert the other day. I couldn’t feel it or get into it. Im reading a splendid book at the moment, but can’t remember it after i closed it and i’m depressed, or rather what’s called “residual symptoms” - that means the symptoms thats left after a depression (you are not literally depressed, but some symptoms are still there)

1 Like

I use to read a lot, especially as a kid I read encyclopedias, sci-fi star trek books, fantasy, and non-fiction. If I wanted to know about something reading and comprehension always came easy to me. When it was something I hated I struggled cause I would get bored and couldn’t focus.

When I had my first psychotic experience they put me in the nut house for 5 months. During that time they had trips to the mall a few times. When I was at the mall I bought a book by Stephen Hawking. I had the hardest time getting through it, I couldn’t concentrate or get into it which was new to me, it was frustrating because I like science and the type of stuff Hawking talks about would usually peak my interest. I’ve improved since then but schizophrenia definitely made me take a hit when it came to reading, especially in the beginning and when I was loaded up on medication.

3 Likes

I think I’m smart enough, but if I take into consideration my destructive behaviour I’m about as smart as a dumbell. But I’m trying to get rid of my bad tendencies at least. Maybe there is hope for me still.

2 Likes

Yea, fortunately I have a loose plan. It is very basic. Although it hasn’t been set in stone yet. I am sure with time you’ll get more of an idea. You seem like a young soul to me, like me, so you have some time to think about things.

1 Like

5 months, that’s rough. That’s like jail time. I never went more than about maybe one and a half month.

But you got through it in one piece. That’s well done.

I remember seeing a guy at the psych hospital through the window. And remember thinking, this guy is never coming back. And that is just tragic, because that actually happens. Some people get so deep into their psychosis they don’t find their way back to reality. I guess we are the lucky ones.

3 Likes

Trust me I really don’t retain knowledge well at the moment.
I at least am sort of organised so life isn’t a total disaster

2 Likes

Haha thanks Bluebutterfly.

That’s sweet. :slight_smile:

1 Like

What’s the difference between crystallised and fluid intellegince?

Nothing wrong with being proud of your intelligence dude! :slight_smile:

What do you mean by disillusioned?

1 Like

That’s cool. Sounds good. I think I am too.

That’s why my life is so ■■■■■■■ basic right now

Haha.

1 Like
2 Likes

Yea I get you. I’m not feeling hopeless if that’s what you mean. There’s just ‘residual’ things as you say. Cool term.

Sorry to hear that you are struggling a bit. It might change with time who knows.

1 Like

I see through things easily. I see the promise things make to you, and I see the fallout of those promises.

I’m disillusioned with corporations being good for society. With fast food being convenient. With politicians fixing anything. With marriage and kids and work being the answer to fulfillment… Etc.

1 Like