Do you think that you are smart

I get really frustrated about my lack of general knowledge and such.

It’s really hard for me to have interest in learning because I don’t know it has to do with feeling unattractive physically

It’s not so much the lack of knowledge but the inability to keep an interest that bothers me more…

But I hope that will change one day

3 Likes

Nevermind. 1515151515

Intelligence(smarts) and knowledge are different things.

Intelligence is the ability to understand and figure things out

Knowledge is just knowing stuff, it doesn’t make you smart. The Internet has all the knowledge humanity has accumulated but it isn’t smart or intelligent.

“Imagination is more important than knowledge” - Albert Einstein

6 Likes

Smart but not educated smart…or I was…I envy people like my step-father that can do anything now…I didn’t really believe or know he has like 2-3 master degrees in engineering and ran a small business growing up…

I’m not college smart since schizophrenia…I couldn’t pass for the life of me and I refuse to do something non stem because I would suffer from depression and hate myself…why spend the money? A piece of paper means nothing to me except the knowledge I get from it and the increased earning potential. The money isn’t even an issue anymore since I cannot do stuff alone and will probably live with my mommy until I die.

1 Like

Is 120 IQ smart? I don’t even feel smart anymore since schizophrenia. I feel like a total idiot that can probably just pick up trash or work a menial job some day.

2 Likes

120 is a good score, well above average. Average being between 90-110, or 100 to keep it simple.

IQ isn’t linear. A person with an IQ of 120 isn’t twice as smart as someone with an IQ of 60, but much much smarter.

2 Likes

I mean like I don’t know any music.

I never been here and there.

I don’t know any TV stuff or any movies.

Like I don’t know normal things.

All I know is food. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

I could probably be an accountant (not a CPA) but I hate it and get bored. I don’t know.

1 Like

I’m right there with you. Don’t watch tv or movies, don’t know any stars. Can’t relate to people on those terms and don’t get like most jokes because I’m so out of touch. Basically it makes me seem like an idiot.

1 Like

I can’t remember street names music songs or lyrics. I cannot understand music lyrics on the radio or rap songs most definitely. Makes me feel less cultured for sure. My brother probably has thousands of songs and stuff but doesn’t know algebra or calculus, so we all are unique and different in our own ways…

1 Like

I used to be much smarter than I am. I don’t know if I consider myself smart or not to be honest.

3 Likes

I was told my IQ is probably around 120/130. I don’t know how true that is but it wouldn’t surprise me? I do very well in school and people tell me often that I am bright.

2 Likes

Oh I’m a genius. I like to read serial killer books and I’ve recently invested in some good black leather gloves. In my spare time I enjoy driving around in the dead of night and staring into people’s windows.

LOL! I’m just being warped and silly everyone. :crazy_face:

Honestly idk if I’m smart or not. I can understand a little philosophy and complicated ideas. But I don’t feel very smart most days. I’m just me.

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing that Leafy. You are definitely not an idiot.

Oh yea reading books is another… I just have no interest… At the moment.

It’s nice too see I’m not alone in this.

2 Likes

You can know a lot, and if you don’t know how to carry it into the external world, in a way which benefits you or others, you’re probably not smart. So no, I don’t think I am. I struggle in doing something meaningful with my life.

I think you have beautiful art, and it shows your intelligence.

2 Likes

Thanks I guess once in a while it hasn’t been a total disaster.

But I’m trying to quit caffeine and then it’s ten times harder for me to make an art piece look like not a total disaster.

I really hope you find a way to do something meaningful.

It feels good. No matter how ‘small’

Just a routine that makes one feel good is meaningful in itself.

2 Likes

I feel this too like I’m not very knowledgeable in terms of facts and trivia… I often feel I don’t contribute much to conversation and I don’t have much interest in things I used to like anymore… like astrology and some new age things.

I’m not really sure what I’m doing with life. So I get how you feel.

2 Likes

@LittleMissSlothy

Google “dunning kruger effect”

Basically it says intelligent people like you will always doubt they’re smart.

Whereas dumbasses like me , overestimate our intelligence and think we’re smarter than we are.

1 Like

I always get a lot out of your comments. Please be kind to yourself. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Thanks Sekso <3

2 Likes