Do You Still Hear Voices?

try deep breathing excercise it could help…

1 Like

I’m told I hear voices, but I don’t believe it. If I hear voices, they’re entirely external. I’m on Invega Sustenna, Clozapine, and Zyprexa.

2 Likes

Yeah, I do deep breathing and other meditations every day. It does help a lot, but I have to admit the voices still piss me off at times

1 Like

I hear them occasionally, but not as disruptive as they were before meds

My delusions take me over sometimes.

The issue I have is around sleep and dreams, and being able to differentiate between them and reality

They really mess with me sometimes.

It’s like when I go into that head space where I relax enough to sleep, my mind goes crazy, and it can prevent me getting a good nights sleep

My med is Amisulpride 800mg per day and it works pretty good

2 Likes

I always ask for the cheapest brand at the pharmacy. All the drugs I take are non- generic. Otherwise I would be poor.

1 Like

I do sometimes at night or if I haven’t slept well. Most times it’s not too bothersome, on occasion I hear interrogation voices or voices of people commenting negatively about what I’m searching online (they’ve tapped my phone).

1 Like

Occasionally.
Off episode I hear few.
In episode they get loud and fast.
Meds help but they don’t make them disappear

1 Like

Constant whisper. I named her “Vicky”. Shes worse when i had a drink.

Often daily - i tell her to bugger off. Had her for 20+ years. Im used to it.

1 Like

It is a very rare occurrence that i hear any of my voices now. My medication has done a wonderful job. at getting rid of them (and the delusions). I take Ziprasidone and Clozapine.

1 Like

I sometimes hear neighbors and people on the street and think they talk about me. I am on Invega Trinza/Trevicta.

3 Likes

I’m always hearing a woman’s voice. She says “I heard speedy killed himself yesterday”. Other stuff that I hear from other voices are, “he’s a ■■■■■■”, “he’s nothing”, “he’s psychotic” and so it goes. I mostly hear women’s voices and laughter.

1 Like

I didn’t hallucinate for quite some time after I began medication, but now I’ve noticed some slight things like non existant fast moving specs from where bugs might skitter, and hearing my mother’s voice from across the house and then she says she didn’t call for me. So I do have some slight hallucinations. I don’t think I want to tune up the medication just yet because I want to lengthen the amount of time this medication and dose will remain effective and avoid speeding up the tolerance to the medication and it becoming ineffective.

1 Like

No voices for me

Never had them

I think I have negatives

Just something wrong with my brain

1 Like

Thanks everybody, for weighing in. It gives me a lot of food for thought

i barely have any voices left. I’m on risperdal consta 50mg 2 weekly shot and 200mg clozapine a day and 50mg sertraline every day.

1 Like

I rarely hear voices now and im on 3mg risperidone.

1 Like

I get voices back when my stress load is high, I’m exhausted, or physically unwell. I am mostly free of positive symptoms when I am healthy and my stress is low. I’m on a low dose of Geodon boosted by the supplement Amyloban 3399. Also taking sarcosine to help with cognition.

1 Like

Diagnosed in 2013… It’s now 2021 and I still hear voices.

They are like .5% the volume or tenacity they used to be but they are still there.

I dropped the medication about 6 or 7 years ago… Opting for an extensive list of other coping mechanisms to get me through my days.

Whole lot of self control… Zero tolerance drug policy… Prioritize health foods. Sleep as much as possible. Always keep a sense of roadmapping the future… X number of hours until I get home… X number of hours to decompress…

1 Like

Thanks @Azley good info. I have a number of coping techniques I apply as well. They seem to be the key to management for me

1 Like

Yes I hear voices 24/7 but its alot better with meds

1 Like