Do You Still Hear Voices?

I stil hear voices and take 12 mg Invega.

1 Like

I still hear voices on medication.

1 Like

Nope. Abilify/Ziprasidone wiped them out.

I must say I struggled 10 years with them. Also, I had to make the combination myself. My doctors weren’t willing to try Ziprasidone. They thought I needed a stronger medication, and one always said, “it rarely works”. I went to the pharmacy, got myself Ziprasidone, and started with 40 mgs. I am symptom and side effect free now.

I think one has to notice and keep a record of how each medication worked and what the side effects were. If you can do that, you will find a combination eventually that is low on side effects.

1 Like

Thanks. To be honest, I haven’t really played the medication Lottery yet. I’m on Abilify, and maybe it’s doing something but the voices are still very prevalent at times.

What concerns me about a lot of the meds, is the side effects. I’m finally done seizuring, and I can’t risk going back into depression. Thanks for the tip on meds, I might talk to my doctor about that combo

You should definitely try it. Abilify is less heavy on side effects and Ziprasidone usually has no weight gain. If a low dose works for you, there may be no side effects from Ziprasidone.

1 Like

Very cool, thanks man

1 Like

didn’t you need a prescription for it?

2 Likes

I never hear voices but i use too see things before i wasnt medicated.

1 Like

I have “functional” hallucinations. They are voices, but I’m told they are considered normal. I figured that because they don’t bother me at all.

1 Like

Nope. No prescriptions here.

1 Like

yep i get voices still just last night, and 5 minutes ago, kristen said something to me quietly. something about my lyrics haha.

1 Like

Did you ever have internal thought like ‘voices’ @Lifer ?

2 Likes

sometimes my thoughts are echoed in someone else’s voice if thats what you mean. but not my voice.

2 Likes

that’s a lot of it, feels like my mind is being read. or im thought broadcasting.

1 Like

I understand where you’re coming from.
I sometimes feel like I’m sending my thoughts to someone.

I’m not sure there is anything I can do to stop “thought broadcasting”; but it’s gotten me into some trouble, thinking the neighbors are hearing my thoughts; or spying on me.

I combat that delusion with letting the false belief pass through me, instead of trying to stop it or control it.

2 Likes

I do this too. Great technique. Everything passes

1 Like

Good to hear dcragg65!

1 Like

What do you guys mean when you say you ‘let them pass through you?’

This could help me a lot.

2 Likes

Don’t try to fight it, or even engage it. Just see it for what it is, and it will fade. That’s what works for me anyway

I don’t know what it’s like for you, but I find if you try to argue with the voices, that turns out to be exactly what they want. You’re giving them attention, and they feed off it

2 Likes

I will add - “calm down” when your hearing voices.

As you should know - anxiety feeds them.

It means - dont engage with them. You getting stressed over what your hearing is just gonna make them worse. Maintain a calm approach. Quietly ignore them - invest in some decent blutooth headphones for music to distract yourself.

2 Likes