Do you ever feel ugly?

• No, I never feel ugly
  • Not usually, but sometimes I feel ugly
  • Yes, I feel ugly a lot of the time

0 voters

I used to feel beautiful but since I have been MI, I don’t. I have put on weight, I quit working out, I don’t comb my hair or put on make-up. My clothes aren’t as nice. I feel unattractive a lot of the time. I am fine without a boyfriend so it isn’t that. I just like feeling pretty for myself and I don’t. I am not posting a pic because I am paranoid. Besides all you kind folk would just blow smoke up my ass anyway, lol.

2 Likes

In my college days I looked good. I worked out and I had a bod that I could be proud of. Now I have a big belly that I carry around. I think my face looks still fairly handsome but not like in college anymore. no sir. so I guess I feel ugly. but try not to be vain…I try not to be vain.

5 Likes

My loneliness makes me feel ugly, it makes me feel like I’ll never be with someone cause they judge me on my appearance…their rejection pulls me down
But sometimes I look in the mirror and think, I am attractive and I’ll find someone… so it depends…

5 Likes

beauty is not what is skin deep , ugly for me is the attitude

4 Likes

Yes. Sometimes I think I am attractive, but it’s a fairly fleeting moment.

I don’t think I am a good looking dude at all. :disappointed:

2 Likes

I think that it is ugly to think about appearance.
I don’t care about appearance and hope to be in touch with people who share my opinion.

2 Likes

“Do you ever feel ugly?”

ugly is my middle name. lol.
but i’m a dude, so i’m cool with my bad physical appearance

3 Likes

Well, I guess physical attraction is important to a point when choosing a romantic partner. But, looks fade over time. I guess one of the reasons I’m not in a relationship is that you have to be willing to grow old with someone and I don’t know if I’d be comfortable doing that.

2 Likes

I feel ugly all the time because I AM I’m ugly and I’m proud I wouldn’t want people liking me just for my looks if I wasn’t anyways

2 Likes

My last two girlfriends both told me that I was one of the most attractive guys they had ever seen, but also with the saddest eyes. Despite that I don’t feel all that attractive because of how f^cked up I am on the inside. The outside can be as beautiful as you want, but if the inside’s ugly, it kind of sterilizes that outer beauty, in my opinion. I care a lot more about who a person is rather than the skin they’re wearing. That’s nothing more than image and I really don’t like how society in general places such a huge emphasis on it, like it’s all that matters or something.

4 Likes

I feel very ugly when I meet other women in the real world with their beautiful hair and makeup. I don’t know if it’s being on the meds so long that’s made me look ugly. All those meds can’t be good for you. My nails keep breaking too. I’m just glad that I have a male friend that tells me I’m beautiful every single day.

3 Likes

Yes do feel ugly a lot more so as I’ve got older

1 Like

It is funny because I feel way much prettier than I actually am :slight_smile: LOL

Kidding, but me too gained weight, and crap. But I still feel Okay most of the time when I go out.

The ugliest moment is always after shower when you have your hair in a bun and with no make up whatsoever

1 Like

People slap me on the street I’m so ugly I always felt ugly but if I think back on all the dates I had, guess I would be average.

2 Likes

The voices I had about ten years ago or so,
(No longer have now)
Used to tell me I am ugly.
24/7 they said I am ugly inside and out.

Said I am to ugly to be seen and I was not aloud to go outside because I am too ugly and someone might see me and see how ugly I am.

It was aweful.

I was bullied as a young child for being ugly and as a teenager for being ugly,stupid n whore.(I was not a prostitute)(possibly slut when shit faced drunk though but I no longer drink alcohol.)

People have called me ugly in my adult years too.

Feeling ugly and being ugly may not be same depending on how ya view it n who are ya feeling etc.

When I feel like myself I feel beautiful because I love :heart:️ myself and my energy of who I am etc.

I was naturalla but now recently got a tattoo, coloured hair and am pierced again(was previously pierced),I put make up on maybe every fortnight.
But wear lipstick :lipstick: and nothing else other times as lipstick can soften lips and I used to have red lips naturally as a toddler but since I became older the sun made them more pale and colour less.

I want to improve enchante way I look n my body mainly tits to please my boyfriend but tattoos n piercings etc I love n my favourite look is gothic but I digg punk style immensely too n Victorian n few others but mainly I dress simple n easy n with out make up n stay at home n do not go out often.
I mainly buy clothes from second hand.

I used to feel ugly and still do sometimes but when I do I actually am not feeling myself so…

1 Like

It is sad because everybody is beautiful/handsome and nice. People are different and beauty is personal, in the eyes of the beholder :slight_smile:

it is sad that the community makes us have standards of what is beautiful too you know?that is so sad and so difficult for the youth. I struggle with it too.

And even the most sad part is how people bully each other about this stuff too? Mental illness, obesity, hair, tattoos, religion. =(

I would like to have my body covered in tattoos completely

4 Likes

I used to weigh 160 back when I was working this great job in a tire center. Wife made healthy meals, I was consistently lifting tire and wheel assemblies for 3500 series trucks, but I was hallucinating and quite frankly almost lost my job a few times for going catatonic. I was out on risperdal which worked in some regards but I went all the way up to 235 and nothing I could do would make it go away. I felt so disgusting. To make it worse, after my life full on collapsed I grew all the way to 265. Here in the treatment facility I’ve been in since January I’ve dropped to 235 again but I still feel so gross

2 Likes

I have to say that I agree that what matters most is that a person has a beautiful heart. That they are kind and compassionate. No question. I think most would agree with that.

Having said that, there is nothing wrong with wanting to look your best. I don’t feel the need to prove what a good person I am on the inside by avoiding things that are fun to me and make me feel good on the outside such as wearing make-up or doing my hair. It is entirely possible to be beautiful inside and out. Many people are. You don’t have to choose between being beautiful inside and wearing what makes you feel good. Both is acceptable.

Lastly, I think it is good for a person psychologically to feel attractive. I am not saying I know how to make that happen because I don’t feel anywhere near as attractive as I used to but I know that I have read that it impacts a person’s life in a positive way if they feel attractive. I wish I could make everyone feel their best inside and out. I sure do.

4 Likes

I hate how overweight I am, and I hate more how the meds put it, to some degree, out of my control. I guess I’m not really ugly, as my face isn’t bad for someone my weight.

At least I’m not on clozaril anymore. That basically forced me to shovel food down my throat.

3 Likes