Do you believe in an Afterlife?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

Feel free to explain what you feel the afterlife completely entails too. I think it is basically just a much improved version of this world. Like maybe 3 or 4 times better than this world in terms of physics. I think it takes place in an entirely different universe.

1 Like

I believe in the after life. Million per cent I believe in it.

1 Like

I think life is the result of an intelligent designer. I have trouble connecting with God and find him powerless in certain situations but this life we have is way too complex and well-engineered for its creator not to have thought about an escape route for dead souls. As I see it, we evolve through the motions of having different lives and being Human is the top incarnation you can get here on Earth. After that I would like to move to a different plane of existence where there is less worry, less slavery, more bliss, and more freedom.

I do believe in the Afterlife, it is the great mystery of life, and I can’t see how something you wait for your whole life can’t be anything short of a great reward or punishment for your dealings, and that for those who deserve it, the transition is smooth, full of pleasures and surprises.

3 Likes

What if the next life is worse than this one? There’s no guarantees you know.

5 Likes

Ya like you reincarnate into a brick or something. That reminds of that song that goes like " I’d rather be a hammer than a nail, yes i would." by simon and garfunkel.

I’d rather be a schizo than a brick, yes I would, if I only could… I surely would.

3 Likes

Paul Simon – El Condor Pasa Lyrics
I’d rather be a sparrow than a snail
Yes I would
If I could, I surely would
I’d rather be a hammer than a nail.
Yes I would
If I only could, I surely would.

Away, I’d rather sail away
Like a swan that’s here and gone
A man gets tied up to the ground
He gives the world
Its saddest sound, its saddest sound

I’d rather be a forest than a street.
Yes I would
If I could, I surely would.
I’d rather feel the earth beneath my feet
Yes I would
If I only could, I surely would

2 Likes

Good song. It is simple yet catchy

There is an afterlife. Ive seen it. The world without color. Dont fear death. What happens next is amazing

4 Likes

I used to. Even if there is one I prefer not to think about it. It prevents me from living my life Now instead of waiting for it to end.

1 Like

I can’t say no or yes. I don’t believe in heaven, there’s no way there could be such a thing with the way people are. You can’t put more than one person in a place for anywhere longer than a week before a fight breaks out. You can’t put anyone anywhere alone for longer than a week or they start to get lonely and sad. The only way I could explain a heaven is that there is a God that loves us but he wants to hang around those of us who are less of a jerk than other people.

Or there’s a purgatory where we burn off our sins before going to heaven.

I really hope there’s a hell though. Some of the things you hear about on the news and some of the things that happen to us or friends… I hope there’s a hell.

God says in the Quran:

6:32 And the worldly life is not but amusement and diversion; but the home of the Hereafter is best for those who fear Allah , so will you not reason?

I believe it exists, I am a believer but i dont practice, you see, when i practice i end up psychotic because the effect of religion is to strong on me, maybe i am too vulnerable. But yes, it is there and we will be rewarded and compensated for all the suffering…

2 Likes

No after life , nothing would even suggest it.

I believe in a life after this, but I don’t think it will be like in Christianity, Judaism or Islam.

2 Likes

As I see it, whether we are in our cores a single conscious particle…
or a constellation of particles that form a unified, conscious system…
for all eternity, non-repetitive as it is…
in this bottom-up place of infinite possibilities…
you haven’t seen the last of it yet and you probably never will.

Just my opinion.

1 Like

I couldn’t answer yes or no either. Because of my disease ‘spirituality’ has been forced on me. I don’t know if there is an afterlife or not.

1 Like

Yes. I believe in an after life. If the universe is extremely large or infinite, we have doppelgängers and life will repeat itself and all possible realities, possible by the laws of physics, will happen. If the multiverse exists same thing. If big bounce theory exists, eternalism is real. If cyclic conformal cosmology is true, well, the universe had no beginning, and has no ending. Another universe will come into existence out of the old one. I like to think they’re all true. That parallel universes exist and existing universes will never cease to exist; that there will be a rebirth. Some of my past lives seem dreamlike or purgatory. But I imagine there are psychopathic universes out there. Maybe there are dream states out there.

I think there are several aspects of this concept of Afterlife.

Several folks live on the BELIEF of an afterlife (lets say Muslims). Their entire life is based on it.

Several folks absolutely do not believe in an afterlife. Let say Scientists like Richard Dawkins, Hawkins.

Several folks do not care about an afterlife and live their lives demolishing people. (lets say Hindus)

I think strong liking for an Afterlife is based on an Inherent Desire:
a. You had an rough ride in this life and you deserve something better for living a moral, virtous life.
b. You genuinely crave for the Hypothetical Heaven.

The problem with Afterlife is further complicated by both DESIRE/FEAR of it dominating your Moral and personal behavior.

I do believe in an Afterlife but my moral behavior is not based on this belief.

I do now almost certainly KNOW that you can almost know where a person is heading based on his current life. If he/she has had a life of Misery, Frustration, failed desires and Ignorance you can almost feel that he is heading for trouble on death.

Similarly a person - he/she who is Wise, knows more about the Reality of Existence and is Aware and lives his/her life based on that reality - you can see a certain shine in his face. He/She dosen’t really care about an Afterlife and does not even fear death.

So in short, Yes I do believe in Afterlife. But there is no Heaven/Hell. There is a Rebirth into Animals (strong possibility).

Well you’d be wrong.

you are wrong – BIG TIME AT THAT !

Check this out: