Did you ever humiliate yourself because of schizophrenia

did you ever humiliate yourself

3 Likes

Yes I made a Pratt of myself

1 Like

I do sometimes…

Before I was diagnosed , yes. Then when I went off meds for 2 years.

2 Likes

I try really hard not to, but I have a few times recently. Let’s just ignore all the shit) I did while I wasn’t medicated.

I feel that I humiliate myself if I have a bad temper. I don’t know if that is from sza or not. No one has ever mentioned that as a symptom before. It might be from the bipolar mania which causes me to get highly agitated from time to time, then my temper goes off. It’s degrading to lose control. I’m not sure if people are understanding of this problem. Thankfully it only happens once in a blue moon.

2 Likes

Unfortunately. I get really hyped sometimes, from anxiety or something and I talk too much. But in the past, I would do the stupidest ■■■■ because I was hallucinating/having delusions. One instance would be my “furry” phase, but I actually thought I was a cat (so embarrassing), the time I mooned someone on the bus, yelling and screaming, yelling out weird stuff and making a fool of myself overall. Thankfully this was in my younger years, so I suppose it’s a good excuse to say I was just a hyperactive child haha.

3 Likes

I made my entire school think I was crazy cause I ended up panicking about cockroaches pouring out of the walls in my freshman math class in high school and I thought they were all over me. Which lead to a lot of bullying and pranks on me involving bugs.

My parents blamed it on my meds and the fact I was phobic.

1 Like

I have especially in the hospital but I take no credit for it ,. Really wasn’t me.

I feel bad for all the times I was paranoid and accused people of stuff they didn’t do and was so angry for it. I ruined a lot of family relations that way, especially with my in laws. I feel so bad about it but I can’t exactly explain my behavior to them because I don’t know what I have (the doctor never said). I am just trying to be really nice to them now.

Also, there were a couple of times in the store and gym where I would start to get a panic attack and push people aside to get away from them. I was just so freaked out that I couldn’t help it. I can never explain my behavior to those people or say I’m sorry either.

2 Likes

I made an ass of myself and screamed/said dumb things in public and in front of someone I knew who was working in the ER. So embarrassing.

2 Likes

Yes unfortunately. It’s hard to live down. I try to put it behind me. Bury it where it belongs… bad memories.

Um u have no idea how humiliating. Like there’s stuff Is never even text because it’s rehashing the embarrassment I get from simply remembering what I did. That post above about someone thinking they were a cat is hilarious, tho.

1 Like

Oh yeah. I’ve screamed at people in public before because I thought that everyone was glaring at me. I’ve even chased cars.

Fun times :sweat:

4 Likes

Ummm well I think it’s pretty embarrassing everyone can hear my thoughts out loud it makes me nervous and I start saying crazy crazy ■■■■ or remember things I regret then apparently everyone can hear me remembering them because I’m talking to myself about it. I’ve had terrible delusions of guys I’ve liked hooking up with a bunch of girls or just imagining crazy things and telling them about it or “calling them out on it”

2 Likes

I humiliate myself every time I expose my butt cheeks for my depot injections every two weeks.

1 Like

humiliation is my second name

3 Likes

Yeah. I went crazy in a workplace of a couple of hundred people. I did some really trippy shite as I slid into psychosis. Luckily I got to a regular doc pretty early in the game and got a med certificate to have a couple of weeks off. I still did some really bizarro stuff though.

Very embarassing and it was hard.

1 Like

Giggling hysterically and pacing around at work certainly earned me a few concerned glances…

1 Like

my doc said that it’s good that my first psychotic episode didn’t last more cos I would humiliate myself and i wouldn’t be aware of it.
ever since i didn’t have any other serious episode. so I am lucky; I have never humiliate myself because of psychosis.

1 Like