Daily goals & motivations thread

I find it helpful to post my daily achievements, no matter how small.

Today I

• did 7 minute scientific workout, walk/jog 5 kms, stretches
  • fed kitty cat, watered plants
  • making chilli con carne, chopping veg
  • done prep for my GP appointment, got my questions ready
    I gotta
  • shower & dress. brush teeth, geez I hate brushing, such a hassle
  • see GP (keep calm, be effective), go to pharmacy
  • grocery shopping
12 Likes

Today I
Ate breakfast
Washed my face, brushed my teeth and hair
Got dressed
Weighed myself
Called my friend
Took a nap
Chatted on Sz.com
Ate lunch
Petted my cat
Called my friend again
Called my insurance agent and left a message
Paid my apartment manager
Made and ate dinner
Chatted on Sz.com again

Goals for today:
Listen to Italian Song by Tchaikovsky on YouTube.com and record it
Practice piano for an hour
Meditate for a half hour
Practice yoga for a half hour

6 Likes

I stuck to my diet.

That’s about it.

I caught up with some needed sleep

6 Likes

I spent $1599 today on new tires, brakes and rotors. If I weren’t 8 hours from home I would have done the brakes myself. Car places charge so much for that and it’s so easy to do. On top of that the guy told me my transmission is whining and I need to take it into a transmission shop.

The car only has 49,000 miles on it. It is still under warranty but I have to drive 500 miles home on Friday. Hoping the transmission doesn’t go out.

I had the day off from work today. That’s all I managed to do.

5 Likes

helped fill in low spots in dad’s yard with topsoil.
had coffee
had lunch
paid rent for October.
that’s it

1 Like

I stuck to my diet and exercised and now I’m video chatting with my boyfriend like I usually do every night.

4 Likes

Awesome work @SkinnyMe @TomCat @anon90843118 @antidepressant044 @Lifer
you’ve all achieved a lot today. Well done !

7 Likes

Usual walking at work when I can.
Resist temptation to eat rubbish for lunch.
Snacked on raw peanuts, mandarins and diet shake stuff.
Go to gym after work.

2 Likes

Had a two hour meeting to interview a potential roommate. It was tiring. Before that I cleaned the house up. I actually got up this morning around 4:00 am and went to the CVS drugstore near me to use a 40% off coupon then drove over to Home Depot to buy a flashlight when it first opened.

2 Likes

It’s been a crappy day. I slept on and off until 1 pm.

2 Likes

Wow that’s an early start @77nick77 and a mighty long interview! good work, hope this potential roommate is nice?

image @gazza75 for resisting rubbish, sooo tempting . I’m overcoming my bbq shapes addiction by making home made ones now. It’s a healthy recipe with spelt flour & no oil or butter, loads of onion & garlic powder, paprika & worcestershire sauce for flavour. hope the shakes are working out for you.

4 Likes

Hi @Flutterby, thanks for the ^5 lol :slightly_smiling_face:
The shakes worked a little at the start, but, seem to have lost there effectiveness now. Those BBQ shapes are awfully good, making your own is definitely a good idea and yours sound like they would have lots of flavour. I used to have Worcestershire sauce on everything when I was younger, must be my brittish blood coming through.

Hope your shift went well yesterday and you have a good day. BTW, well done on all the things you are growing. I used to grow a lot of stuff, but, dropped off when I got my cattle. Found it to hard to juggle everything and had to prioritise. What are the natives you have?

1 Like

Today I got up early, worked out & had a walk/jog, made catfood, did a load of dishes & a load of laundry. I’m off to work this arvo then a friend’s b’day party tonight.

@gazza75 I had a feeling you’d like worestershire! don’t know why. I’m growing Naked Crane’s Bill, a locally endangered geranium. When I started collecting their seed for the bushland reserve there was 1 plant left. Now there’s about 4 plants. I’ve got 80 babies on the go now so if I can nurse them thru the summer I’ll plant them in the reserve next autumn.

3 Likes

Stuck to my diet today but didn’t accomplish much else.

Hopefully tomorrow I’ll have the motivation to do more than just lie in bed and browse social media all day.

1 Like

That’s really great @Flutterby, I saw your photos in the other place! Awesome.
That’s a good number of babies to have to care for all summer and next year! :slight_smile:

Well done on all your goals already for the day. hope work goes well and you have a great time at the birthday tonight.

1 Like

sticking to your diet is a big accomplishment @antidepressant044. I was at a small party last night & it was sooo hard not to gorge on cheese & crackers, there was a lovely spread. Hope today brings some motivation to you.

Today I’m a bit sleepy so just taking it easy this morning. Got work this arvo then want to head to a meetup for an hour or two tonight.

2 Likes

I took my meds late last night so I slept in woops. I chatted with some classmates and got all of my designs for the end of the week done today. Did some research on mental services in states I might move to after graduation. Other than that I didn’t do much. Sleeping wrong puts me in a low mood. I need to shower more but the meds sedate me a lot.

2 Likes

well done on your accomplishments @Air. I had no idea you were studying, what are you studying?

1 Like

I study human computer interaction. It’s basically software design

2 Likes

cool, you sound very talented. When will your studies be completed?

1 Like