Coffee is making my life a misery ☕

I’m only drinking 3 cups a day. I think I’m just a really slow metaboliser of coffee.

When I was off coffee I felt ok but bored. On coffee I wake up almost wishing I was dead, it’s that bad.

I only had 2 cups today. I’ll do that for a few days then go down to 1.

2 Likes

thats how i feel about smoking ciggs do one and i get dizzy and buzzed and sick all at the same time. why i do it to my self is… i gave up coffee years ago and went to caffine in some other drink with light amounts and has some what worked out. whats up with that.

1 Like

I think I was born with a caffeine addiction.

2 Likes

chordy i should be more suportive but aren’t you all ways say i addiction about most thing, bless you.

I don’t think so. Just my old cigarette addiction that I conquered 5 years ago.

man, I drink two pots a day…!! sorry you can’t drink coffee freely…

2 Likes

I only drink caffeine free coffee occasionally. I’m doing guarana tablets now. They seem to work better for me I think, more sublte effect. It’s early days trying it, but I’m pretty sure it’s better for me.

1 Like

I’m a slow metabolizer of caffeine. Been abusing it for 15+ years since I was a teenager. Probably could have paid cash for a corvette by now if I saved the money instead.

I’ve been more psychotic on it and spent all my money on it. Only benefit is self-medication and self-punishment, I guess. Off of it, I might be stable and workable and not need as many meds and might have no symptoms or just no positive symptoms.

My choice of drug is monster energy drinks. I recently cut them in half from 10 a day to 5 a day. It’s literally an OCD/autim cycle and obsession of mine and it’s been every damn day of usage for 15+ years.

I’ve been consuming an estimated 2-3 grams of caffeine a day every day for the last few years. I’m getting sick and ill and not doing well and I’m tired of it. I’m replacing it with a healthier alternative that helps me and gives me better, cleaner, and more sustainable energy. It’s way cheaper too. It’s sort of natural and tastes like green tea.

My next step is reducing or quitting nicotine/smoking cigs. One thing at a time.

I also want to exercise a bit more. I’m tired of having a damaged, broken, and disorganized/scattered brain 24/7. I got delusions because of it, but obviously, I feel some of it was real too.

2 Likes

I’m in the process of weaning off caffeine. I’m almost at zero, in a week or two I will be completely off. I can already feel that I’m calmer and happier, I did have some withdrawal symptoms and still are, like lack of motivation, anxiety, etc, but since I’m tapering off they are not the worst.

If you go over at reddit.com/r/decaf you can read some people reporting it taking many months off caffeine before they feel normal again with motivation coming back etc.

I have quit caffeine many times before, and I’ve kept coming back to it because I forget how much worse I’m on caffeine. I mean when you’ve quit for a long time you reset tolerance, and then drinking coffee really gives you a high for a while, but tolerance very quickly builds up in my experience.

4 Likes

I just drink decaf.

2 Likes

Yeah, I have quit many times, just to come back to it and learn the same lesson over and over. I can’t tolerate it. If I drink equivialent to one cup coffee a day I will be somewhat okay, but any more than that and I start losing control over my emotions and feelings.

1 Like

I switched from about 5-6 cups a day to decaf just a few days ago. Cold turkey. I suspected coffee actually made me feel bad. The decaf helps me with quitting…it tricks my mind.

I also wanted to switch diets at the same time, but decided to take that a bit more slowly. All at once is too much.

I dont have symptoms like headache or nausea, but im tired. I take a 2-3 hour nap in the afternoon and still sleep well at night. Oh well. Will get back to normal.

Maybe try going decaf? I just stopped buying regular coffee.

2 Likes

I drink only decaf coffee and plain water. I drink one whole pot of decaf coffee a day. It has no adverse effects upon me.

3 Likes

Caffeine is beneficial for me unless I take too much like over 3 cups of coffee/day.

1 Like

I’ve cut back to 2 cups a day and things are definitely not as bad. I’ll cut down to 1 cup eventually.

3 Likes

@magz

Many months before it turns normal? :hushed: That is a lot. I feel like sleeping all day and was hoping to turn back to normal in 1-2 weeks. Still, I really want to stay off it. I am a lot less anxious, already now, which is great.

I’m thinking about cutting caffeine consumption either. I usually drink a cup of coffee and a pot of tea daily. This habbit may not be beneficial to my kidney. I’m a bit worried. So I might take less caffeine everyday to get healthier.

1 Like
1 Like

Yeah I was going to suggest to cut back down till your drinking just one cup a day @everhopeful.
See how that works out for you.

2 Likes

Maybe I am the only one but I really like coffee. This thread made me to want to make more coffee, maybe 2-3 cups. Some afternoon coffee can not be so bad. When I was at the psych ward patients were able to make coffee whenever they wanted to. I bought another 500g coffee packet today. I consume appx 2kg of coffee every month. I have had coffee since my early childhood. During my studies in the 1980s I also used caffeine pills. I like coffee and it is making my life good. :wink:

2 Likes