Coffee is more of a problem for me than schizophrenia 😰

I start the day off ok. Then I have about 5 very strong coffees during the day. After each one I become more bitter and hopeless. And I can’t stop. I have my last one around 9pm so it’s affecting my sleep too.

These coffees are super strong pod coffees.

I’m going to have to tackle this in the new year.

7 Likes

I used to drink a lot of coffee. Like a whole pot at a time. It never really caused me any problems except maybe stomach-wise. I don’t drink as much now. I feel you in your struggle. Good luck in cutting back.

1 Like

I drink 4 double espressos every day.
3 in the morning and one in the afternoon.

1 Like

Maybe we should both give it up in the new year…

1 Like

I like coffee and cigarettes. I am not ready to give up. Is it a problem for you?

2 Likes

Yes. Coffee is a major problem for me :frowning:

1 Like

Since you have an alcohol abuse history do you think your mind is using coffee as a replacement for that? Or Is it for something else?

Maybe because you’re taking benzos and it’s making you groggy and relaxed??

I know when I lived in a sober home in 2014 I got into a lot of trouble with taking too much coffee because I had chronic anxiety issues and was looking for a buzz from coffee.

3 Likes

Can’t you stop it?

1 Like

That’s very possible. But either way, I’m addicted to something that’s feeling me worse.

I’ll tackle it in the new year for sure.

2 Likes

New years resolution ! :grinning:

2 Likes

I’ve been drinking more coffee lately.
I’m looking for something to perk me up during the dark winter months.

1 Like

i’ve been doing the same since i sobered up.
Am using coffee and cigarettes as a major crutch.
i’m gonna try to cut down,
think i’ll switch to black coffee so it tastes bad and i wont drink as much.
Good luck cutting downnn

1 Like

Thanks @Catch22

Keep doing whatever you need to stay clean and sober. You can quit the crutches when you’re in the clear from other stuff. Best of luck :sunny:

3 Likes

Energy drinks are my problem. I dont really like coffee. I’m always broke. I can’t blame anyone but myself. I had this problem before I got sick.

1 Like

Yes, I let myself drink coffee and then wonder why I’m agitated.

2 Likes

Yes, i think i responded to you before, i too cant quit…I am back to about 1-3 cups a day, but i just want off it! Addictions are stupid. My internet addiction and sugar addiction are the next things after coffee. I already beat my “self-destructive dating addiction”, it seems.

Lets team up and quit coffee in the new year! If you share how it is going ill cheer for you (or reprimand you if you need that :p).

2 Likes

I’m going to order decaf coffee pods and just let the super strong ones run out.

We can doooooo it !

4 Likes

Jeej, sound plan! I drink coffee at work, no decaf there, but ill bring my own herbal tea in a thermos bottle.

Now: 2 weeks holiday for me, good time to start.

1 Like

i just went down from about 4 or 5 coffees to one coffee now. you gotta go slow

1 Like

I’m enjoying my third cup of coffee right now.

1 Like