Boyfriend buying me gifts

Do you have a close friend in real life that can give you a more objective perspective about your relationship with him?

1 Like

I have my sister. And some other friends. I already consulted with them

Do your sister and parents think itā€™s a healthy relationship?

thats so sweet I wish I had a bf buy me gifts but never had one

Yes they do.

1 Like

Well,

I donā€™t know what to tell you.

We all keep saying this is unhealthy and that he is messing with you,

But you choose to be in the relationship.

Thatā€™s on you.

I hope you donā€™t get worse.

1 Like

Im a catholic too I have had boyfreinds where I just bought them gifts to be nice but they never returned the favor it ended up hurting me alot

I would hold onto a good relationship if u have this one. edit: some relationships start out with a guy spoiling the person and end up emotionally toxic or abusive. They can put on a front and convince everyone outside that its fine and normal, or the person is super attractive and good at manipulation. that could be a sign that ur with a narcisstic person but Im not sure who this person is and I Cant know based on what u said. Tho some of the stuff sounds like it could be weird for a normal person to sayā€¦

Catholic here. The Pope meant that the devil is the source of evil things- like greed, lust etc. Gifts are physical. The ā€œgiftā€ that the Pope is talking about is not physical. They are sins. You canā€™t see those things- they are something that lead you to do to take advantage of others and do bad things (like stealing).

@moderators feel free to delete this if this violates the forumā€™s rules.

No ā€¦ 15

If your boyfriend isnā€™t mentally ill, he sounds abusive. If he isnā€™t mentally ill himself, why would he tell you that heā€™s the devil?

Why are you staying with someone like that?

I no longer trust that her boyfriend is telling her all those things. The way she talks about it is reminiscent of the way other szs claim to hear messages coming from the TV.

My boyfriend does tell me all these things.