Anyone tried Tinder?

I have tried it before but it didnt work out, now i feel a bit more confident again.

2 Likes

Yes, i didnā€™t like it, too superficial for me. I prefer the old kind of dating sites, but anyway i have given up dating at the moment.

Bob Marley sang ā€œNo woman no cryā€ and i agree

4 Likes

idk why i signed up for it, figured maybe a little hope :frowning: idk iā€™m terrible at it

3 Likes

Me too. Get the best out of it, now that you have paid for it.
Some people succeed on Tinder.

Good luck

1 Like

Is that the one were you swipe left and right based on how they look?

I think I signed up and checked it out a few years ago, but only for a couple days.

3 Likes

Regarding dating apps I rate 2/5, didnā€™t get much interaction there and the ones I had were crap.
Could be better in UK tho

1 Like

Iā€™ve tried Match, POF, Bumble, the facebook one, and a few others and now tinder, iā€™ve paid as well and all failed, :frowning: its not looking good :frowning:

1 Like

if you are fat or ugly, chances are low

1 Like

I deleted it today, didnā€™t get any likes soā€¦ I want to meet someone one day. I feel like women try to be friendly sometimes but I canā€™t keep eye contact for more than a split second. I only got to know someone when I was drunk earier in my life. I canā€™t drink anymore but if I did I would get lucky I know.

i should have done more research but iā€™m going to try and use it anyway, my friend and i went to a couple of speed dating nights couple years ago and we might go back to that again, i figure iā€™ll have a better chance now i have something interesting to say about myself.

@Ylajali I think too much alcohol might put women off,

Iā€™m going out to a thing tonight at a bar but i doubt iā€™ll meet anyone, my pal will be there and its all the people from my radio station, iā€™m just going to try and enjoy it,

Iā€™ve pretty much given up on finding a girlfriend. In real life they lose interest once I tell them I have schizophrenia and then I ran this dating website experiment and it proved to me that the chances of finding a girlfriend that doesnā€™t mind I have schizophrenia is next to zero.

Tinder kept asking me to sign in and forgot my details each time so I gave up with it in the end
:man_shrugging: :woman_shrugging: :man_shrugging:

1 Like

I wouldnt mention that until any potential friends get to know me, i try and focus on what is positive about myself and not what is awry

@Joker damn that sucks, i paid a six month thing, i thought the more i pay the better chance i have but idk, hopefully my profile will be ok, my pic is the best iā€™ve ever had i think so fingers crossed.

I donā€™t think it matters. Iā€™ve told women right away, and I have waited. The results were the same. Even my friends have drifted away and there is no romantic feelings involved with that. People hear ā€˜schizophreniaā€™ and distance themselves, It doesnā€™t matter if it has been days, months or years.

I once waited a month and got to know the girl really well, then I told her and she freaked out for misleading her. I usually just tell them early on, I donā€™t want to waste my time getting to know them only to get rejected months or years down the road like in that example, waste of my time.

2 Likes

I paid for 6 months on Match.com and that was a waste of money

My fault partly as I struggle to keep conversations going

It was kinda demoralising as well when someone gives you an auto no thanks, it blocks you and thatā€™s before you even get a chance to know each other

So superficial

Many of the profiles are dormant anyway

2 Likes

I did online dating years ago. In my experience, most of the men were only looking for sex, or didnā€™t want to get off the internet or phone and meet in person. And men who were much older than me would contact me, and then get angry when I said I wasnā€™t interested.

I mostly feel uncomfortable online dating, because I hate people seeing me and watching me. It kicks up my paranoia that they can control me or humiliate me, just by seeing me and figuring out my weaknesses.

2 Likes

Headspace, man that sucks, maybe we should just keep it to ourselves then and just be careful with the meds and stuff, why give up a good relationship just for the sake of that? i would sugar coat it and say that iā€™ve had some depression in the past or something (not as serious) maybe that is stupid but as i say focus on the positive, schiz is a big negative, is like an hbomb in that situation.

@Joker i think you might be right, i bet most of the profiles are dormant but i can see who is online as well so iā€™d go the most recent or whatever but still very difficult, i have only had a handful of conversations and that was mostly on facebook dating until i got swamped with fake chinese accounts

@Pandy i am sorry you had that experience it must be hard for some women on those sites as well, i try and be nice and not talk dirty or anything, my main priority is just meeting someone i like and whatever happens happens iā€™m not just looking for sex, i wish women could know who were the decent guys and who werenā€™t but how the heck can we do that? lol

2 Likes

Thatā€™s so good to hear.

I know there are decent men out there.

I want to believe there is someone out there for me, but now I will be 49 next month, and for women over 40, itā€™s very hard. Then add in the SZA, and well, like all of us, it makes it even harder. But I keep hopingā€¦ if itā€™s meant to be, it will be. Iā€™m just not sure I can go online. Maybe Iā€™ll wait until I turn 50, and go on one of the 50 and older sites.

Itā€™s been hard meeting anyone, in general, because I moved somewhere I donā€™t like, and I have little desire to get out and see whatā€™s around. AND I moved right before the pandemic. So itā€™s been hard to see whatā€™s around.

But again, I remain hopeful. Yes, I have this illness, but am I really that bad? (Besides what the voices tell me when I have breakthrough paranoia.)

1 Like

No, I am honest to a fault and I expect the same from my partner. I wouldnā€™t appreciate it if she held something major back from me. Iā€™d rather be single than live with a ā€œdirty little secretā€ constantly worrying sheā€™ll find out and leave me. Iā€™ve been single for a long time now, Iā€™m kinda use to it.

3 Likes

well i think i can choose what i am honest about, there is nothing written anywhere that says i am allowed to just not disclose my illness ā€˜and why should i if its not causing much distress?ā€™ if it was apparent that i was mentally ill then the person could probably tell anyway, why would i disclose something that would potentially kill my relationship stone dead?