Anyone tried niacin (B3) for schizophrenia?

I’ve been trying it for 4 days and I actually feel better. Apparently it only works for a small group of people with schizophrenia.

I hope it helps me.

Have you tried it?

1 Like

Yes. I came off meds and mega dosed niacin as instructed by the youtube experts.

I ended up psychotic in hospital.

True story.

9 Likes

@everhopeful

Yea well I’m not saying I’m cured, I’m just asking for peoples opinions

That’s my opinion. I actually did that.

1 Like

@everhopeful

Do you hear voices?

No I don’t. But I fell for the youtube experts and it really cost me.

I take 100mg niacin now, maybe every other day as It’s supposed to stop you getting dementia.

But I don’t notice it helping my schizophrenia symptoms any.

1 Like

hmmm, the B’s are touchy. ask a pharmascist. maybe one a day would be okay, especially if you think it’s helping you.

1 Like

Caused me to flush uncomfortably. Hated it. Even no flush did it.

1 Like

OMG. The 4000 previous niacin threads weren’t helpful?

2 Likes

I used it to flush my system in order to pass a drug test once before because I was afraid I might have marijuana in my system. This was in my early 20’s. I have mentioned this before on previous niacin threads. That was the only time I took niacin(outside of foods).

1 Like

Maybe time for a new toilet?

4 Likes

Shh, you.

2 Likes

I eat a vitamin B complex with all the vitamin B in one tablet, including niacin. I began in a period when I was drinking too much (alcohol reduces vitamin B) and kept on taking them when I sobered up. I think it helps a little.

1 Like

I think it helps with depression. My mood is a lot better. Whether or not it helps my schizophrenia is hard to say because I take antipsychotics for that.

It is interesting nevertheless. I’ll try it for a few months and see.

I forgot to add that I prefer the non-flush type better than the flush type.

I have both versions in my cupboard, non flush and flush.

I don’t mind the flush really, but I find the non flush more effective for my mood.

People online say the flush version is more effective, but from my experience the non flush is more affective.

1 Like

I do… it helps me with PTSD like imagery and psychotic thoughts.

1 Like

I tried it for 6 months along with megadose vitamins from Abraham Hoffer’s clinic. Don’t do it. It had no effect on me and I’m lucky I didn’t kill my kidneys or liver permanently.
I was desperate.
The only thing that helped me get better was leaving my fake toxic ex and moving away from the tropical climate I was in. Don’t count out how much the environment around you can affect your mental health.

2 Likes

@Orbeezlight

Thanks for letting us know. I’m only taking 200mg, not the recommended 3,000mg.

But still with any nutrients you shouldn’t take too much.

1 Like

@Orbeezlight

Thanks.

Yea I think schizophrenia has something to do with the gut.

1 Like

Been taking vitiman B Complex for a year or two now. Plus a Strong Multivitiman and Fish oil 2000mg .

2 Likes