Anyone still think about negative experiences from years ago?

Anyone still think about negative experiences from years ago? I’m thinking about this horrible man that got angry with me years ago. And this horrible woman that looked down at me.

5 Likes

well, it can happen, especially when I’m depressed I think about the past.
You can’t change it.

1 Like

Yes I do, but I think about how I behaved rather than how others behaved.

5 Likes

I think about both.

3 Likes

When these things cross your mind you cannot escape them. Let them visit for a moment and then let them go. Do not invite them to dinner and ruminate on them. Let it go and let these thoughts be only a fleeting visit!

8 Likes

How do u let them go.

1 Like

Well I meditate and have been for years, so I have trained my mind to let them go.

Be ever present and ground yourself by using techniques as scratching and sniffing an orange.

4 Likes

Very angry right now thinking about how people have treated me.

3 Likes

A few days ago, I remembered a couple of repressed memories from a couple of years back, when I was in San Fran. Craziest part of this, is my voices were in those memories, yet the first time I remember ever hearing them was a year ago. The memories were intensely scary. I can’t seem to stop thinking about them now.

3 Likes

Yes. I think its your brain trying to teach you to learn what to do the next time to avoid the bad situation. Pretty normal.

2 Likes

Yeah I do. But I try to let it go. Isn’t healthy to hang on to so much fear, anger or hate.

3 Likes

Yeah, exclusively.

1 Like

Sometimes but I am over so much stuff. My abuser gets in my thoughts once in a while but I try not to let him win.

1 Like

I went to bed early last night as I was thinking about negative experiences.

Not really? I don’t think I do !

Yes. Bad experiences tend to be remembered more easily than good experiences. I think many people do

2 Likes

I agree @CoCo! Same here!

1 Like

Yeah. Nightmares at 5 nobody seemed to listen to.

But what if they become real?

1 Like

I tought about my relationship with my ex and our breakup today. That was about two decades ago. But I think this was a healthy thought. I thought objective supporting stuff. I looked at it in a different and helpful way. That we weren’t right for each other. We were arguing all the time and we didn’t communicate well. We were both unlucky that ended up with each other. When she broke up with me I could have chosen to take it a better way…stuff like that. I think sometimes it can be helpful to remember bad things if it sort of clears the air.

On the upside afterwards I thought about who I would like to date now. Like getting thoughts about my ex procsessed prompted me to think about a new relationship. This does not happen often with me. So that is exciting.

2 Likes

Good luck. Hope you find a new relationship.

2 Likes