Schizophrenia.com

A question for people who are christian

I really need some help. I have been having this voice in my head speak blasphemous and sacrilegious thoughts. Sometimes I get angry and willing think them. I always try to resist them and fight them off but within a year of hearing them I became hopeless. My life was over and I was going to burn in hell forever. I need insight from another Christians perspective about if I’m going to hell for these thoughts, and whether or not I’m possessed. When i say blasphemous I mean horrific thoughts and they have been persistent for years. Any input would do, but I am hoping for a response from a Christian

I don’t think you’re going to hell (even though it’s not my decision). does the real part of you trust in Jesus? it doesn’t matter what the voices say, it’s about what you actually think. // I wouldn’t say you’re possessed but I think a spirit may have a hold on you (p.s yes I’m Christian )

I get lot of unwanted/dirty thoughts, and i pray God, to cleans me and heal me from those thoughts… My condition is improving day by day…God will forgive us because its our illness generates those thoughts. I am christian!

Obviously you oppose these thoughts, thus they are not YOUR own.

It is as simple as that.

Well, I’d say just the fact you are AWARE the thoughts are blasphemous and you do not wish to entertain them, and you fight against them means you want to do what is pleasing to God.
I don’t think you’re possessed. Someone possessed just wouldn’t care. oppressed is probably a better way to look at it.
I’ve had blasphemous thoughts intrude to. Not recently but over the years on occasion…and some have been very nasty.

rely on Faith and the name of Jesus…tell them to get lost, go away.

I saw a signature on another Christians profile the other day. I’ll post it here for you

“Don’t tell GOD how big your storm is, tell your storm how big your GOD is.”

I don’t think you’re going to hell for these uncontrollable thoughts. I am Catholic. When I confessed my intrusive thoughts to a priest, he said that there are some ways that those aren’t even a sin. I guess because I couldn’t control the thoughts. So don’t worry about it. I don’t think you’re possessed either. It is just schizophrenia. God is merciful, just remember that.

You’re no going to hell man.

Thank you for the responses, I made a lot of bad choices today.These comments really gave me hope, and a reason to live another day. @e_lunaseer I told my storm how big god was, and I felt love. It’s been a long time since I have had love in my heart.

@BryanAshley. @faithful @CarolineC @floppy01 @Mindwhisperer thank you all

@chrisjjack

Also I face this situation.
I also hear voices that speak blasphemies in mind, it’s horrible.
But I’m getting better with the help of clonazepam.

These voices or thoughts are not you, because you do not want to hear or think, it is uncontrollable.

Are auditory hallucinations or “obsessive thinking (a symptom).”

In the case of obsessive thinking, thoughts are uncontrollable, so we have no guilt, because we have no control over these thoughts and / or voices.

Sorry for any english errors, I don’t speak english fluently.

i get thoughts like that and i am a christian and you dont need to be a Christian to get these thoughts either but i dont just rely on the church to help me or ‘the word’ i still take medication and see a p/doc and they also work through God to try and help me.

I think your god is a big boy. That being said, he has heard it all before. Take it from a man that has lived more than you. I am middle aged and I have heard younger kids say worse crap than you. Your Heavenly Father has certainly heard worse than you could ever come up with. I don’t think your dad is really interested the BS you think about, I would guess he is more interested in what you actually do, than what you think.

20 characters…

As they tormented me inwardly, they did some very horrible things to me as well, it was so sickening and scary i can’t tell you, they began to state to me that they were going to torture me forever and ever.

Later on i found out this “hell” thing is complete horseshit! This “hell” thing wasn’t even in this particular book the whole time, they just decided to put that in there one sunny day, or stormy night.

“Vatican” literally means “prophet of the serpent”, and guess who put this “hell” thing in there, thats right, el vaticanus, it was the serpent and his prophet running around telling people God would punish them forever and ever.

And in doing so he made himself look like the good one in people’s minds.

Just remember “vatican” means literally “prophet of the serpent”, explains a whole hell of alot doesn’t it.

If this particular spirit is real, this all loving spirit, he will not eternally condemn(destroy/throw away) or eternally punish anyone, and his judgements were only meant for one thing it says, to change the water into wine, learning for the better, real change and real life.

You dont’ want to be blasphemous? Then leave christianity behind, because it is one of the most blasphemous things out there, it states this in this book that i don’t know is true or not but just like to read alot, but damn i hope it’s true, that means conversion into spirit, pure energy, and no death.

There is a difference between most Christianity and Christ…Most organized churches and their doctrines are man made…there are some good ones and good individuals in them, but it’s rare.

Jesus can’t stand organized religion… read Matthew 23, all of it…but especially this where he sums it up to the religious leaders
“Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?” (23:33)

In Revelation chapter 2 and 3 he talks about various types of churches that are in the world… 5 out of 7 of those he speaks against, 1 is persecuted, and only 1 is really blessed…
Here’s some of the things he tells churches!

“I have somewhat against thee, because thou hast left thy first love.
Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent.”

“But I have a few things against thee, because thou hast there them that hold the doctrine of Balaam, who taught Balac to cast a stumblingblock before the children of Israel, to eat things sacrificed unto idols, and to commit fornication.
So hast thou also them that hold the doctrine of the Nicolaitans, which thing I hate.
Repent; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will fight against them with the sword of my mouth.”

“So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth… As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.
Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.”

That last verse most Christians interpret and use to convert people saying Jesus stands at the door of your heart and knocks… what?? It’s totally out of context for the chapter, because Jesus is standing OUTSIDE THE CHURCH knocking to get in !!! Specifically the lukewarm rich selfish church that he has just said he will spit out if they don’t repent !

So you can still believe in and follow Jesus without being caught up in the man made religious aspect of Christianity… in fact Jesus indicates this is the way to go…the real churches in the times of the new testament were usually just small gatherings at peoples homes or outside in nature… not massive multi million dollar buildings with preachers begging money and secretly cheating on their wives or having sex with kids… Jesus hates all that sort of stuff.

I do not have proper clothing to attend church. Jeans + Goodwill T’s would not be acceptable. :womans_hat:

Why not? I have worn them. I have even attended a church where people wear shorts and a T…casual.

James chapter 2:

" For if there should come into your assembly a man with gold rings, in fine apparel, and there should also come in a poor man in filthy clothes, and you pay attention to the one wearing the fine clothes and say to him, “You sit here in a good place,” and say to the poor man, “You stand there,” or, “Sit here at my footstool,” have you not shown partiality among yourselves, and become judges with evil thoughts?

Listen, my beloved brethren: Has God not chosen the poor of this world to be rich in faith and heirs of the kingdom which He promised to those who love Him? But you have dishonored the poor man. Do not the rich oppress you and drag you into the courts? "

If you are thinking these thoughts against your will it is not your fault. Besides it’s the things that you do with your life, your actions that matter. Everyone thinks things that are not acceptable. Don’t worry about it.

I have spoken to a priest who understands schizophrenia. I am Catholic. It boils down to what you believe in your heart and what you do. That is what we are judged by. Remember that God is a loving God. Give your suffering to HiM in Jesus’ name.

I have intrusive thoughts that really haunt me from when I was ill…they are also very deep in evil because I was dealing with what I thought was the devil when I was ill, so many of them are horrible pictures and thoughts…I have learned to “ignore and move on” when I get the thoughts anymore, and the more I fought them the less they got…I haven’t had an intrusive thought in a long time…keep your mind busy with chores, hobbies, music etc…it should help…?