2 1/2 years without a cigarette, today

I can’t say I miss them. I’ve substituted other activities to break up the monotony of life.

29 Likes

Congratulations :confetti_ball::tada: I know it ain’t easy i am 2and half years clean no cigarettes no booze no weed

15 Likes

Congratulations to you both!!!

7 Likes

very excellent and congratulations with the achievement.

2 Likes

Congratulations chordy! :tada:Wish you the best.

2 Likes

Congrats @PinCushion . It’s hard to drop such a bad habit. I’m a little bit past 2 years as well.

4 Likes

Congratulations @PinCushion and @chemwex ! That’s a huge achievement.

2 Likes

“2 ½ years without a cigarette, today” That’s a looooooooooooooong day.

2 Likes

Congrats! You should be proud of that accomplishment!

1 Like

Way to go, chordy. I’m proud of you. It’s been fourteen months since I drank. That’s an accomplishment, for me.

5 Likes

Good job! Best thing I ever did for my health was give away those darned things!

3 Likes

I have been putting a lot of thought into quitting. I don’t want to die from smoking. I watched my dad die from lung cancer. Very scary

2 Likes

Well done both of you.

2 Likes

Switch to vaping e-cigarettes. That’s what I did.

Congratulations @crimby !

1 Like

I did it gradually. I cut it down to 5 a day, then 3, then 2, 1, 1/2, and finally a couple of puffs a day. I did this over a period of more than a year. It worked well because by the time I was down to a couple of puffs a day, it was no big deal to quit. I made no deadlines, just narrowed it down when I felt like it. No pressure, no drama.

3 Likes

Thank you @PinCushion sounds like a good plan.

3 Likes

I was a 2 pack a day chain smoker years ago.
I quit cold turkey and never went back!
It’s possible to successfully quit cigarettes and vaping.
Don’t give up people!

6 Likes

Maybe you could give that knowledge to some of the other people on this site who are trying to quit smoking. I know Jukebox is.

1 Like

That’s a great achievement Chordy, quitting isn’t easy to do. I’ve tried to quit a few times in the past but only managed about a month, and it was sheer purgatory, I couldn’t stop thinking about smoking.

1 Like