2 1/2 years without a cigarette, today

I did explain it to Steph in a thread before this one and I think jukebox already quit.

2 Likes

Excellent!..

1 Like

@crimby congrats on been booze free

3 Likes

Congratulations. Keep it up.

3 Likes

Congratulations!!

2 Likes

really proud of you. A big achievement in health!

3 Likes

Congrats…

I also stopped smoking 5 years ago cold turkey.

Best decision I ever made

4 Likes

That’s good. It can be done. I have been smoke free for almost 15 years. I feel better and save a lot of money. Smokes here are around $15 a pack.

3 Likes

Wow that’s expensive. I wonder where you live. Lol I live in Illinois. A couple hours south of Chicago. I smoke Newport reds and the run about $6.50 a pack here.

I quit smoking cigarettes in January, drinking alcohol last October and smoking marijuana in July or August 2014 when I was living in Los Angeles.

2 Likes

Lol Angeles. I’ve always wanted to go there. I’m from Illinois. Haven’t traveled much. Never really loved in another state. Very scary to me.

It was scary for me sometimes because both times I lived there I lived on skid row at the Midnight Mission and people kept pulling knives on me. I stayed at the Los Angeles Mission and Emmanuel Baptist Mission too the last time I lived there in 2014. I was able to live in a house for the homeless in Norwalk for about five days but some of those guys were mean.

Oh wow. You lived on skid row? Is it really how it looks on TV? That would be so scary. My biggest fear is becoming homeless. Where did you sleep? Glad your off skid row now.

Me to. Even with rent being paid it is a very real fear I deal with. My husband does roofing so winter work is hard to come by. Scariest time of the year. Trying to move south for all year round work.

I am in Canada about a 2 hour drive from Detroit. The price of smokes is ridiculous here. I watched someone pay $30 for 2 packs of smokes a while back. The government is trying to make more people quit by adding so much tax that people might be encouraged to quit. I sure will not smoke again.

1 Like

well doen chordy

Wow that’s so much. I remember thinking $5 was crazy and how I’d quit if they got that high. I’m still smoking. Really thinking about trying to quit.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.