Does anyone here hallucinate smells?

I just looked up the causes of it online and wow, brain tumor or parkinsons. that’s some serious sh**. I was surprised psychosis wasn’t on the list. is that not a primary cause?

It does happen. I have hallucinated smells, mostly unpleasant. My mother who is mostly deviod of mental illness except panic attacks (i am Schizoaffective) has a very acute sense of smell sometimes to the point i am convinced she is hallcuinating it. It is curious

my dad and i both hallucinate smells, his is cologne he thinks she smells men’s cologne on my mom so he assumes she is cheating. i hallucinate poison smells like its in my food. we both have schizoaffective disorder

I see… interesting.

I have hallucinated smells before, while psychotic. The most memorable time was in the shower I smelled what I thought was poison gas coming down from the fan/vent.

I smell cigarette smoke and no one smokes in the house. Also I smell burning metal and foam.

Roses… a few times. While indoors. Very distinct but not actually there. Of course it was pleasant so didn’t bother me.

I smell weed when I am out and about (I don’t smoke it) but that could be because it is real.

1 Like

Only once did this happen.

It was the smell of sulfuric burning, i thought the apartment was on fire or that i was walking through a thick cloud of smoke.

This was a short while after seeing an alien.

Later i found they are associated with the smell of sulfur.

I hallucinate smells a lot. Especially unpleasant ones and bleach in my drinks. hate it

Have hallucinate smoke and I ran around the house looking for a fire. And there was none. It was panic of the worse kind. Probably 15 years ago. I can’t forget the fear.

I was pretty sure there was bug spray in my coffee. Or maybe there wasn’t. Can’t know for sure. But it sure smelled and tasted funny.

I used to all the time. Not lately though.

I smell infection on myself a lot (I can’t quite describe that) and I smell methylated spirits in my drink or food when I am bad but not when I make it myself.

“Does anyone here hallucinate smells?”

yes.
sometimes, I think I smell good.

lol lol just kidding

1 Like

When I get really bad psychotic, I get terrible olfactory hallucinations (smells). They are so bad that they can torture me.

People around me were smelling Weed in the Psych Hospital.
I don’t know, someone must have smuggled some in and were smoking it during cigarette breaks.

1 Like

No I just think I’ve been poisoned and hallucinate feelings of whatever I think being poisoned feels like.
As soon as it touches my tongue I feel it take effect and sometimes my ears ring or my chest gets tight and I can’t breath. It’s a lot of fun. Sometimes I even drive myself to the emergency room. Like last Christmass for example. Normal people were all inside with their families having Christmass dinner and I was down at the ER with an iv of Ativan having chest Exrays done and a rectal exam because I thought someone gave me something in my drink that blew out my ■■■■■■■.

1 Like

I hallucinate smells of farts, of ****. Bad food, bad tastes sometimes. Never gets nightmarish but it’s a bit annoying when it happens. When I’m around real ugly odors and they get amplified, boy does that suck.

Yes, multiple times. They’re not as common as my auditory hallucinations, but they do happen on occasion.