ZMAGal’s health and fitness thread

Gentle movement everyday is good for that. Try chair stretching or chair yoga

1 Like

my neighbour is a reiki master and she said she’d give me free sessions but i don’t think she will, it would be nice though she said it would help me in many ways starting with the chakras and using healing stones and hands.

2 Likes

Sounds interesting. Have you had it done on you?

1 Like

I think I had a short session and it was relaxing and I remember feeling a bit more grounded but I think it wore off. it wasn’t by my neighbour though it was through the carers charity i use to help out

1 Like

Interesting. I’ve always wondered if reiki is real or psychological

1 Like

i’m hoping both, a healthy mind and a healthy body or vice versa, i just messaged her asking if she would still like to do it :slight_smile: said i was a wreck these days, its true :frowning:

1 Like

Cool! I hope she does and that you benefit from it. Good luck!

1 Like

I’m thinking of getting into a martial artike Brazilian jujitsu. My friends been inviting me and I might take him up on the offer. Also want to do it for myself as it’s a great way to stay in shape and I’ve always been interested in MMA.

4 Likes

I used to do Kung Fu. LOVED IT! But I couldn’t afford to continue

2 Likes

just finished my isometrics…I do it until I am tired…do it for tone…anyways…I only do it once every other day…I heard muscles build better that way.

2 Likes

Good job @jukebox ! I do a whole body workout 4 days a week. It doesn’t seem to cause any problems

2 Likes

Changed up my diet a bit. I want most meals to consist of oatmeal and fruit and peanut powder, but for when I get bored of that I’m gonna try to have boiled eggs and beans.

I think having a backup meal is important because at the moment when I don’t feel like having oatmeal I kinda just say, “oh well frik it!” And eat whatever’s around (i.e. mostly high calorie meals).

I think beans and boiled eggs is fairly healthy.
Half a can of beans is like 200 cal…plus 2 eggs… that’s like a 400 calorie meal. And filling and long lasting as well. Best part is I can boil and meal prep 20 eggs easy peasy.

2 Likes

I don´t know why k1 is not more popular in the states, but I like it a lot more than mma, it´s pretty fun to do and to watch. But every martial art is flawed if you gonna transition. I think BJJ is flawed in the sense that only works when you are already on the ground. Traditional wrestling is better suited for an all around purpose imo if you are into grappling

2 Likes

Most mornings I make old fashioned oats for breakfast. I don’t use milk, just water so I can keep my calories down. My husband adds milk, walnuts, blueberries and honey in his, but he works out really hard so he can eat the extra calories

3 Likes

like squat deadlift bench rows?

I love full body workouts, they make me feel great. The problem is that I cannot do proper form on squats and DLs, I´m working on it tho, planning to go to the gym in the nearby future again…

2 Likes

Pretty cool yea. I don’t think there’s a best fighting style it just depends on the practitioner. In my case I already have a pretty good ability to punch and kick so I really value bjj because I feel like groundwork is my weak spot. Also my build is kind of muscular or like a boxer so I naturally kind of went for that. I feel like once you get a hold of someone with jujitsu holds it’s pretty much over.

I used to love pride…watching Fedor, mark hunt, cro cop

1 Like

Me too! Honestly, I don’t do squats but I need to. I’m too embarrassed to do them in front of other people so I need to do them at home or in the women only area.

3 Likes

Yea I hear you haha.i often have the milk/water delema haha but I figure it makes it that much tastier and will make it more likely I’ll eat it again tomorrow, and so overall net less calories personaly.

I try to make mine with like half fruit half oatmeal, then just mix the fruit up and it gets sweet :slight_smile:

Feeling great today! Hope you are too :slightly_smiling_face: :sun_with_face:

3 Likes

I would love to do martial arts again, but I´m not prepared physically. The conditioning before the class starts is extreme (for me at least), and I´m a pretty inflexible couch potato. I daydream sometimes of beeing able to do a side/front split lol. I´m not too strong at the moment aswell.

3 Likes

Lol dude you can do anything you want to do. If you wanna do it I say go for it!

3 Likes