Yes; you CAN improve this forum

Why do you lock forum threads based on your own disagreement with an OP? This whole illness is based on unusual beliefs anyway, so why locking up all the threads that mention something in lines like Mind Control?

1 Like

Because some unusal beliefs threads tend to spiral out of control, with people either feeding each other’s delusions, or the OP getting upset that people disagree with their worldview.

The moderators jobs are to keep peace in the forum. If they see arguments breaking out, or non-recovery-oriented talks happening, like feeding someone’s delusions, they stop that stuff because that’s what they’re supposed to do.
No use complaining about it.

11 Likes

I saw today a post like this

3 Likes

Propably if you would be a Sz yourself you’d not feel this way. Propably you even are scared of these more than szs.

That makes… No sense.

I am a schizophrenic, and I’ve seen how quickly things can turn hostile in those threads.
I’m not scared of other schizophrenics, but when people start feeding each other’s delusions with their own “unusual beliefs”, it scares me a little.
Especially if they react with anger towards people who try to suggest their experiences may not match up with reality.

8 Likes

Locking threads like this makes things worse only. I’d call this brainwashing. We don’t believe into this delusion mumbo-jumbo that much anyway.

2 Likes

It’s OK to post about unusual beliefs in a recovery context. We’re here to help folks overcome their unusual beliefs and delusions, not to encourage them.

13 Likes

We don’t believe into this delusion mumbo-jumbo that much anyway.

I, uh… what? Are you saying you don’t believe delusions exist or that they aren’t a problem?

4 Likes

Not like some do. It’s a mindcontrol that makes me hear voices and have body captures btw.

no it is schizophrenia.

8 Likes

that’s a delusion in itself

5 Likes

only on Fridays im schizophrenic other days im not

6 Likes

Because mind control isn’t real. It doesn’t exist. It’s a paranoid delusion.

This is a website for people with psychotic disorders who know they experience psychosis. Therefore something like fear of mind control will be treated as a delusional belief because it is a common paranoid delusional belief for those with psychosis.

If you truly believe in mind control, and do not think it is due to psychosis, then go on a forum that believes in mind control. This is like asking why an Alcoholics Anonymous forum shuts down threads promoting the use of alcohol.

9 Likes

popcorn anyone?

5 Likes

It’d be cool if this forum had an online games section, with like word games and chess and things that regulars could play vs eachother. Just saying.

I’d help develop it too.

7 Likes

I would play…late night tho.

2 Likes

A late night game of scrabble on the forum. :first_quarter_moon_with_face: :star:

5 Likes

Please add in , connect four :blush:

5 Likes

I would suggest group chat within a forum.

Works like private message, but the invitation is open and whoever interested can join. Unlike forum everyone can read, and unlike private message only the recipients can read- Each of group chat can have its own “administrator”, but forum moderators can oversee every group chats.

1 Like

We used to have a chat room feature. It ended up being very heavily trolled, and upsetting many people. We don’t have it anymore.

5 Likes