Yes; you CAN improve this forum

I think I should have named it as “group discussion”. It is a level below forum discussion and a level above “private messaging”.
It still shows on the main forum but you once you enter the group it is like a sub-forum.

It differs from category, because the “group discussion” can be created, edited and deleted.

2 Likes

:bulb: Idea…

“Group discussion” can have many threads. It has a “group starter” instead of a “topic starter”. The group starter can moderate all the threads within that group. However, forum moderators still can oversee every “group discussion”.
The group can be dissolved once all the threads in that group have been deleted.

2 Likes

Delusions are just thoughts like any thoughts that normal people have. I know lots of science-people who also have theories of lots of unusual things, so what’s the point to not let people having em?

It’s not that people can’t have them, they just shouldn’t come here expecting to have them reinforced, and people shouldn’t reinforce or feed delusions.

7 Likes

you can already do that here, i tried it once and added loads of users but it quickly fizzled out and i believe may have driven some members away, i may try it again but my attempt at a group chat in PMs was a bit of a failure lol

1 Like

But this means we can’t discuss the nature of our delusions. And makes this whole forum worthless.

The nature of our delusions is schizophrenia, what is there to discuss?

We can discuss whether or not our delusions are real, but I’ve seen several members react with anger towards people who have challenged their idea of reality.

2 Likes

We shouldn’t discuss sz? Bye then!

its bc it is a fixed belief, part of the illness, i think its ok to talk about it but i hear what the others are saying about not encouraging or feeding into them. you can still empathise and show support though which is the true meaning behind this forum.

1 Like

Yes, we should discuss Schizophrenia, but some people are unwilling to admit their “alternative beliefs” may be rooted in schizophrenia, and then they get angry when people dare suggest so.

you can discuss the nature of your delusions but not feed them and say like: ‘yes you are right mind control is real’.

3 Likes

Ah well, maybe it would make sense to drop of my mind control beliefs once again. It’s hard when the voices call themselves with names that really are on this planet though. And maybe it can be explained that why my speakers crackle when I have a strong delusions/waves?? Or why a certain moment makes a snap sound in my kitchen etc.

1 Like

If you think it’s needed, start your own forum and invite folks to participate.