Would you learn to shoot?

I have a friend who owns guns who said he would teach me to shoot. I’m debating if I should. It may not be a bad idea though, knowing how to shoot one. It looks like I’m going to have guns in my life in the future.

2 Likes

I know how to shoot. I dislike guns and I felt horrible every time I had to do pest control with one. I like not needing one around now, it feels better.

3 Likes

Yes. I do. I spent my whole life being antigun, then I shot one.

It’s good knowledge to have, even if you don’t want to own one yourself. I’d recommend you learn.

4 Likes

Thanks @shutterbug @fractaled

I’m glad there are some members here who can shoot.

1 Like

I think it’s a very bad idea for schizophrenics to be around guns.
First of all it’s illegal for me personally to own a gun because I was involuntarily committed.

6 Likes

Thanks wave. I’m not really sure if I would be allowed to either.

1 Like

I’m very happy to live in a country that bans firearms, but if I lived in the USA or even Canada I would learn how to use one.

3 Likes

Thanks StarCrazy.

Then it would be a bad idea for you, definitely.

For me personally, mine actively keeps my father off of me. It’s the only reason I’ve stayed safe since being back living under his thumb.

I’m not some gun wielding maniac, but I will protect myself from actual harm. I should have that right, the same as any. And everyone in this state (Texas) does. We also allow concealed carry without a permit. So it’s a scary thing, when they’re all around you.

I wish things were different, but this is the culture we live in.

If school children aren’t safe, I’m not going to pretend I am.

2 Likes

Thanks @fractaled. I guess if I’m going to be around them, I should know how to care for them and use them.

1 Like

I know how to shoot. :cat2::cat2::cat2:

4 Likes

I want to have guns and learn to shoot but I was involuntarily committed in 2015 so I can’t own a gun.

1 Like

I also learned how to shoot when I was in the military.

Don’t care about guns now. It’s not part of Belgian culture.

1 Like

So is this in the US, if you are involuntarily committed you can’t own a gun?

I would never learn to shoot it’s the principle of the thing
I hate guns

1 Like

Yeah I was involuntarily committed in Minnesota. If you’re in the U.S. and are involuntarily committed then you can’t own a gun.

3 Likes

Been thinking about self protection cause of shootings - then thought, I don’t ever go out anyways.

So No. My chances of being shot up are so low.

1 Like

Yes I’m in Arkansas.

1 Like

I won’t. Don’t really like the idea

3 Likes

I just aim and pull the trigger.

1 Like