Would you learn to shoot?

I love shooting. I can hit clay targets with a shotgun very well. Have a black powder Kentucky pistol kit I need to put together as well. Muzzleloaders are awesome.

Dad let me try his nine a couple of times. I am just okay with a handgun.

I am also pretty good with a .22 rifle. Picked off some Squirrels in the past with no problem.

:smiley:

3 Likes

When I was an Army Cadet they taught us to fire rifles, pistols and semi-automatic weapons

Even won a shooting medal with a .22 grouping of 5 shots I did that were less than 2 inches radius I think it was

I tried to join the army when I was 18, but they didn’t like my drug abuse history (It was a year clean) and the fact I got hospitalised in a forensic setting with psychosis

It was a shame, as Army Cadets was the only real positive thing I did with my time when I was a teenager

3 Likes

Guns are illegal here in Canada.

3 Likes

Unless you get a hunting permit and use a hunting gun or sg.

3 Likes

I have no real interest or use for a gun, but I’ve always wanted to fire a fully-automatic Uzi submachine gun out of pure curiosity.

2 Likes

I already know how to shoot. When I was a kid in elementary school, all of the schools in our area had mandatory gun safety courses.

4 Likes

I learned to shoot air rifles in the Cub Scouts and then much bigger things in the Marine Corps.

4 Likes

Only guns for me is paintballing or airsoft lol

4 Likes

Thanks for responding @Kxev @shellys12 @Jonathan2 @anon21849028 @GrayBear @littlecrocodal

3 Likes

Thanks @77nick77 @ThePickinSkunk @Joker @Aziz @InnerCircle @anon4362788 @TomCat @anon84377678

3 Likes

ive never shot a real gun just airsoft and bb and pellet guns. my mom brought home my grandfathers guns one day and i had to unload a revolver because it was fully loaded in storage, lol it was really intense like defusing a bomb, idk how my mental state was back then but im pretty sure i had a thought whether intrusive or not about shooting myself. didnt act on it tho obviously

2 Likes

Thanks cigarino 1515

1 Like

amuricaaa yeyeyeah, lets teach the kids about ancient history and how to handle guns in school. applicable skills to prepare in the adult workforce, nah no way but heres some trigonometry and fun facts about george washington. lol i was never taught gun safety in school but i feel like thats a more applicable skill than most the stuff they were teaching

1 Like

We never had a mass shooting or any hunting accidents among my peers.

2 Likes

My new friend has guns and we are thinking of sharing an apartment, so I guess I need to learn about them.

I did shoot a 22 rifle during camp in Colorado
I must have been 13 years old.

1 Like

I shoot and kill everyday in Call of Duty :joy:

1 Like

Same… @Wave

I personally don’t really care to have one or to even shoot them for that matter.

4 Likes

Do you have a history of suicidal thoughts or actions?

If you got a gun, where would you store it?