Worsening Paranoia - Advice, please

Lately I’ve been finding myself more paranoid than usual. My thoughts are louder, and I find myself getting lost in them. It’s getting difficult to control, some days. Mainly in the presence of others, or public.
It seems to get worst of all, on the bus. I always get the fear of thought broadcasting, and conspiracy-type thoughts.

It’s been making work harder for me. Having to talk to and look people in the eyes. I always get the worst thoughts about what people are thinking, especially my boss. My brain likes to convince me that my co-workers talk about me when I’m not there. They all think I’m weird, and are trying to figure out what’s wrong with me.

Such fun stuff…
It’s not real, I know. I’m so afraid to lose that insight, one day.

I really haven’t been sleeping much, lately. Also, my diet has been quite a mess, as I attempt to figure out and balance my hypoglycemia. These things can may be contributing.
I will also be trying to get with a doc, soon, as it’s been a while.
What I’m looking for, is if anyone has advice, coping skills or exercises, to help manage this, in the meantime.
I currently find meditation, breathing, and just taking things slowly, thoughtfully, and logically seem to help me.
Also, getting enough sleep and making sure I’m at home, by evening. That is the time my brain starts to decline, and it just goes down steadily, from there.

I should mention, I have not been diagnosed with schizophrenia. It has only been tossed around.
My diagnosis is Borderline Personality Disorder, Anxiety, Depression, with Psychosis.

Any advice you may have is welcome.
Thanks
:slight_smile:

1 Like

Welcome back @Goodnight_Moon.
I think you have answered your own questions.
Take things slow and continue to see your doctor and continue with the meds.
Things will get better.

I’m having good success with this:

On day 37 of it and my voices are just gone, and my chronic headache is a distant bad memory.

I haven’t done enough outside to test thought broadcasting in earnest, but I will soon enough. Best guess is it will be 80% less. I still get weird little synchronicities here and there, but they’re much less common now.

It’s like God dialled down his “give-a-crap-ometer”, thankfully. Not being micromanaged anymore.

Keep reminding yourself what is most logical. That insight is very helpful. When you start getting the thoughts that people are talking about you, correct the thought. You have no reason to believe this is really happening. Your brain is just playing games with you. It’s not real.

Or whatever phrase and wording works for you. Just be kind and as social as you feel like being. Being the weird one isn’t a bad thing. Everyone is weird in some way.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.