Schizophrenia.com

Woke up kicking the sheets to get out of bed and got out of bed really pissed off

I was slamming stuff around as soon as I got up and I really made my gf mad…I was just mad because I couldn’t have a cigarette…it was like I was possessed there for about three minutes…scared…yes I bought cigarettes .

1 Like

You can always talk to your doctor about assistance. There are meds, and nicotine replacements. It is not a sign of weakness that you can’t quit without help. Most people cant quit without help. My dad smoked up until he was too weak to physically life a cigerette to his mouth anymore, and he was dying of lung cancer. It is okay to need help.

2 Likes

I can understand that Juke. I have been through alcohol withdrawal and it isn’t fun.

Have you looked into Chantix or Zyban? When I was on Wellbutrin it seemed to help with nicotine cravings.

1 Like

I don’t stress anymore having no cigarettes. I can always sanitise the public ashtrays for butts or ask someone who might give me one. Its a great motivator to get out and about for a cigarette, similar to food and alcohol. I find the AA program is good for all sorts of addiction. I try to do a meeting every day by myself and read out loud the “Just for today” program, followed by the 12 steps.

thanks everyone…I guess I will go back on the gum I can quit really easy like that…I guess I will just buy gum instead of cigarettes…

2 Likes

When you put out that cigarette, just don’t start again, there is no such thing as a last cigarette. My partner and me are seperating cause our relationship becomes unmanageable cause of addictions. Maybe we both can start living a healthy life separately. Basically the tabbaco price is that high, we got financial problems.