Woke up kicking the sheets to get out of bed and got out of bed really pissed off

I was slamming stuff around as soon as I got up and I really made my gf mad…I was just mad because I couldn’t have a cigarette…it was like I was possessed there for about three minutes…scared…yes I bought cigarettes .

1 Like

You can always talk to your doctor about assistance. There are meds, and nicotine replacements. It is not a sign of weakness that you can’t quit without help. Most people cant quit without help. My dad smoked up until he was too weak to physically life a cigerette to his mouth anymore, and he was dying of lung cancer. It is okay to need help.

2 Likes

I can understand that Juke. I have been through alcohol withdrawal and it isn’t fun.

Have you looked into Chantix or Zyban? When I was on Wellbutrin it seemed to help with nicotine cravings.

1 Like

I don’t stress anymore having no cigarettes. I can always sanitise the public ashtrays for butts or ask someone who might give me one. Its a great motivator to get out and about for a cigarette, similar to food and alcohol. I find the AA program is good for all sorts of addiction. I try to do a meeting every day by myself and read out loud the “Just for today” program, followed by the 12 steps.

thanks everyone…I guess I will go back on the gum I can quit really easy like that…I guess I will just buy gum instead of cigarettes…

2 Likes

When you put out that cigarette, just don’t start again, there is no such thing as a last cigarette. My partner and me are seperating cause our relationship becomes unmanageable cause of addictions. Maybe we both can start living a healthy life separately. Basically the tabbaco price is that high, we got financial problems.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.