Winters are particularly depressing- Does anyone feel the same way?

Winters are dark and cold, particularly depressing. I long for company more in winter than in summer. The longings for company border on infatuation/obsession. Thoughts?

1 Like

I just find them saddening because I hate the cold so much.

2 Likes

Yes! There is a big letdown after Christmas, and it is so cold! On the other hand, it is hard to beat a warm winter’s day late in the season.

1 Like

I am lonely and cold. Yes

1 Like

i could use a snuggle buddy lol

2 Likes

No I loooove winter, don’t find it depressing at all. Love cold weather. Its the summer I find depressing when it gets so hot. I seem to have episodes every summer, and now its summer again here in Cape Town. The beaches are packed and the sun is shining high in the sky. I am on high alert for my symptoms coming back. i already had two minor episodes a few days ago, hope I don’t get worse next month. January and February are the worst months for me and the hottest too. Miss winter already.

2 Likes

yesterday was like a early spring day where i live and i was feeling sooo goooood
today its ordinary stupid winter day and im blah

i die in winter and revive when spring comes
true story

When I lived in the south I loved grey days because they were a break from blistering hot sunny days without a cloud in the sky that were like every day. But then when I moved to the northeast, I started hating grey days because literally almost 2 entire seasons of the year are grey. Winter up here is depressing for sure, and I know a lot of people who get seasonal depression here.

I started to feel a bit depressed as winter came in, so I started taking 600IU of vitamin D, the sunshine vitamin, and that helped. 600IU is the recommended daily allowance.