Will try Sarcosine Soon, anyone else with Negative Symptoms try it?

There is research on sarcosine, yet I’m very surprised more people haven’t tried it. I bought it from smart powders and will be getting it soon. I’ll get back to you guys when I try it. Although I know 2grams is a good place to start, does anyone take 4grams split into 2grams twice a day?

Please post your sarcosine experiences here too!

I’d stick with 2 grams a day. 4 grams is probably overkill you’d just flush out. 2 grams is a lot when it comes to a supplement.

Thanks SoitGoes, I’ve read studies where 2grams is the standard, but I’ve read somewhere on here that people dose 2grams a day twice daily because of the short halflife of the substance. Have you tried Sarcosine? Did it improve your cognition, negative symptoms (anhedonia)?

Why don’t people flock to this amino acid. Odd.

Most of the research seems pretty positive. Some of what I’ve seen indicates a placebo effect that’ll get you half way there.

I haven’t tried it myself. Been waiting to hear more about it. There are other threads on here if you search “sarcosine.”

Admin just posted something about it helping with ocd. I could really use that I think.

1 Like

Hmm so waiting for more results before you take the plunge. I see. Understandable. Hope mine and your OCD gets better! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yeah that’s why I don’t like supplements. I’d rather get used to my natural chemistry+ meds. I’m addicted to caffeine and nicotine as well. Take a serotonin supplement every day.(proven to help stabilize me) adding sarcosine would just be another expense and I’m not sure how the pricing works out.

If your trying to keep it consistent in your body you might consider 4x a day at 1 gram. This would probably have enough of an overlap to keep the chemical present.

I don’t really know much about it though.

Do you take 5HTP? I’m on a bunch of meds, but I hate having no motivation and no interest in anything… Will let you know if and how the Sarcosine helps of not! :smiley:

Thanks dude. You guessed it 200 mg of htp pretty much every day.

Yeah it’d be nice to get lost in good thoughts like I always used to do.

Now I just got this same bland feeling and some pretty terrible shallow redundant thoughts. They don’t really have an effect on me as a person but I do feel pretty uncomfortable having these words in my mind. Almost to the point of getting suicidal.

Anyways that’s the illness for you.

1 Like

I feel you SoitGoes, I get thoughts like your worthless or you can’t do something… It’s so hard to keep things positive. I used to think these thoughts had no effect on me, but it takes so much energy to change and ignore these thoughts. I’m fed up. I told my doctor about the symptoms, she says things will get better with medication. But I’ve been on meds for 2 years now!

SoitGoes, do you take meds other than 5HTP? I take abilify, and risperdal.

Respiridone. Pretty low dose to prevent side effects. Nothing changed as I lowered the dose. Even at 16 mg invega I was highly symptomatic.

Sarcosine sounds like the only thing I might add to the regiment.

Gonna get back in with the docs in a month or to and ill reevaluate things then.

I hate to be dependent on things that cost me money. Otherwise I might try an anti anxiety med and see if that greases the wheels.

If these people are telepathic they got me right where they want me. (Delusional) two years of being mind ■■■■■■ and I’m totally disconnected from the person I was. I don’t really think of the past or future. I don’t think about people. I’m stuck just ruminating over all the terrible ■■■■ I keep saying/hearing in my mind. It just won’t ■■■■■■■ stop. All I can really do is learn to not give a ■■■■. But I don’t really like that idea I used to have such a strong mind.

Blah blah blah

So it goes.

I’m eager to try it. Right now I am trying to work out the financial aspect of it. I’ll give a report shortly after I put it into my daily med. regimen.

1 Like

It was interesting to note that in this most recent study that just came out - they used 2 to 4 grams / day:

1 Like

I take 4g split into 2g doses,I started off with 2g but I worked up to 4g and it’s working much better now. I’ve been consistently taking sarcosine for about 6 months now and I’m still seeing some improvement, it works great!

1 Like

I have tried sarcosine. Did nothing to me. I had flat emotions. Perhaps the quality was not good, althought it was very expensive. Paid too many dollars. Anyway, what really helped me, was studying and reading books. I found a bit of myself again by this, my doctor suggested me that.

4 Likes

I’m gonna try some of this stuff.

1 Like

@dmdar how do you measure it? Teaspoon or do you have a scale?

I get the Sarcosine tomorrow, or the day after tomorrow! Will let you guys know how I feel ! :smiley:

2 Likes

I take it in pill form, it’s a product called Profronal which is NAC (N-Acetyl-Cystine) in combination with Sarcosine. Each pill has 1g of Sarcosine in it so I take 4 pills twice a day, it works great.

2 Likes

Where do you buy it? Can you get it online or do you need a prescription? I googled but can’t find anything about it. ty