Why some of you dont believe, that i am schizophrenic?

Okay, where do you live and when were you diagnosed? You’re telling me that multiple, as in more than one, practicing doctors diagnosed you with sluggish schizophrenia? Because if they did then you need to report them. Were they all from the same practice? Or did you tell me that that’s what you were diagnosed with, thinking I wouldn’t do any actual research? Sluggish schizophrenia is not a disorder. It just doesn’t exist. It was created to discredit those who protested the cold war. They literally made up some random ass symptoms that were common among protestors and called it a disorder.

I will say it again; fears, agoraphobia, even paranoia often occur in people with psychosis, but they’re not psychotic symptoms. There’s a big difference between paranoia and a paranoid delusion, between just being afraid of spiders and hallucinating huge ass spiders scurrying across your walls, between avoiding anxiety by staying inside and avoiding assassins by staying inside. Isolating yourself for that long would take a toll on anyone, but that doesn’t make you schizophrenic.

I’m not a doctor, no, but when I do my research, I do my research. I’ve read countless of articles and studies since being stabilized last December. Your symptoms are more indicative of an anxiety disorder than a psychotic one. I know that’s not what you want to hear, but I cannot, in good conscience, let this continue. You need to have a talk with a pdoc that doesn’t diagnose people with made up diseases. Tell them all of your symptoms without revealing your past diagnoses and see what they say. If you come back and tell me that this doctor thinks you have sz, I will eat my fu cking words. Just, please, at least see. I’d hate to see your body and mind destroyed by meds that you may not even need. I care for you deeply and I want the rest of your life to be amazing, but that’s not going to happen until you can be stabilized with the right meds and therapy.

3 Likes

It was my ex pdoc who said, that the flow of my sz is sluggish (not by episodes). The type - paranoid sz. No, its not just an anxiety, they tried on me anxiety meds and it was very bad then.

I do think I have psychosis, yeap. Really!.. I have suspiciousness and some paranoid delusions of which I am not aware circle. Whatever, i’ll continue fighting. don’t worry about me, people even with just an anxiety take aps… But Its deeper than an anxiety here, really…
I live in east Europe. and no, not all the docs said sluggish sz, but they all said some psychosis.

does it matter to you if you have the schizophrenic label?
you should be more concerned on improvement. If your current doc isnt helping maybe looking for a new one could help

So when you told me, both here and in PM’s, that you were diagnosed with sluggish schizophrenia, you just casually neglected to mention that the diagnosis was old? And don’t tell me that you meant the schizophrenia was sluggish in progression, because you linked me the Wikipedia page for sluggish sz and said in no uncertain terms that this was your diagnosis.

Okay, I’ll bite. What meds did they put you on for anxiety? When did this even happen, because you said your first pdoc diagnosed you with BPD, and then the rest with sz.

“Suspicousness?” Anna, that’s not necessarily a psychotic symptom.

:neutral_face: Seriously? Anna, you’re not aware of these delusions then how are we talking about them right now?

I’m confused by this statement. How many different doctors have you been to and why? What makes you keep switching (which you once again failed to mention)?

Before, I was concerned, now I’m irritated. I was really worried about you and your situation. I’ve tried to reach out to you even when others told me not to even bother. But your story keeps changing, Anna, and to be honest, I don’t know that I quite trust what you say. I’ll leave you alone from now on. I can’t keep playing this game. You’re a grown woman, do what you want. I hope in time you will come to a place where you can live happily and healthily. That is my greatest wish for you. Good luck. :heart:

I am tired now and in pain. Just one thing, circle. I never lied about anything here. I never lied about my docs or mental experience. I just skipped some things, cause now i look more for understanding or just improvement in my life. Ive also seen many docs, yes,and they all dont know how to help. Two of them just said to keep my zyprexa and make efforts. Just a second, ill answer to your questions. But i guess i am just unlucky and meds cant help much…

1 Like

Yes, my second doc really told me my diagnosis is ‘‘sluggish paranoid schizophrenia’’… Really… Ive stayed with her for 9 years and I left her, cause I wasn’t improving…

This second doc of mine gave me klonopin which relieved a bit some symptoms, but it was still too serious state… I couldn’t get up from the bed because of my symptoms. My pdoc said, that if I was only anxious, klonopin would have helped.

I’ve read in my hospital file, that I have delusions. I am not aware of them, yeap… I also wonder if I have them, but it was written in my file, that I have some.

Ive seen some and some of them wonder what I have exactly. But at a one look, they all say its more than a depression or an anxiety. I was switching cause looking for help and one pdoc even told me, that I tried too many meds.But he also didn’t know how to help. My last doc was saying to stop switching meds, cause its not helping me and that maybe i’ll need years to recover if its possible. I am now with the guy, who is on her place cause she changed her cabinet, but I stopped seeing even him. Ill go one day to him probably. The docs doesn’t know how to help. But those two main docs said that I respond best to Zyprexa and to stop switching meds, cause its not helping. This is the truth.

I feel as s*hit now tbh… Just justifying myself why I feel badly still… My mom keeps saying I wont never improve. My pdoc also said ill always suffer, yeah… Nobody likes me, is this true? I suffer and I guess sometimes meds doesn’t help everyone as I would like… Or maybe I really need years without switching…

With this illness you will always suffer. Meds help but I suffer every day. You just have to suck it up and press on. Life keeps on moving. Don’t let it pass you by.

Ok, I see tomcat, thanks… I just hope I still have some friends here…
We can do it, yeap. Its a tough illness. I made a bit my peace with my few going outs, cause it was ruining me, but maybe one day this will change too, idk…

1 Like

I suffered so much it was like hell or purgatory because of dissociation and negative symptoms and paranoia. Now, after 6-7 years, I’m happy, content, and grateful. I don’t suffer much anymore. It does get better and I hope it continues to get better. There is no cure or perfect life though. Even neurotypical people suffer and people without mental illnesses. Be grateful you are not worse off.

Try to improve your thinking. Try to be around positive people. Say positive affirmations to yourself each day.

1 Like

Thank you dear inside mind… Does it mean, that it took you 7 years to recover? In a way I still believe my doc who said sometimes it takes years… I wish you happiness too :blush: oh yes, now I checked it… Vraylar has helped you after six years… Cool :blush: take care :kissing_heart:

1 Like

7 years to control my dp/dr. I still cannot function well. Little motivation and not goal oriented.

But it does get better. I’m at peace with myself.

1 Like

Anna

It is only my personal opinion. I am not a doctor. But your symptoms resemble BPD very much. Maybe you have schizophrenia and BPD too. I don’t know.

You said you feel like a bad sinner. Why? Did you kill someone? Did you steal a lot? Did you cheat?

Anyway, if you are religious and believe in sins, then maybe you should talk to a priest. I am sure he can calm you down.

1 Like

That’s a Russian psychiatric term.

It even says in that article that the term was invented as a way to imprison or discredit political dissenters.

2 Likes

I wont argue my doc, I was in a pity state back then… But she really used this term. She meant, that my illness is by slowly progressive course, not by sharp episodes. Whatever it is, its a slow course, not by episodes… She was nice to me also and was saying, that her priority is to lower my fears and just stabilize me.
No, Andrey, I am not worse than all others. I just feel guilty sometimes. I avoid the religion now cause I feel worse of just thinking, that all the fault is mine. But I have in mind, I should get better on some aspects. As I said, it was written in my hospital file, that I have some delusions, but I ignore them tbh. My paranoia also is indicative of something else. Yes, its possible, that I am sz with bpd, this is true.
I also find, that I have too much sorrow still. Ads never helped me, so I give myself time to heal on the sorrow. I hope i’ll get better on this, cause I have some strange thoughts because of so much sorrow… This affects the emotions too.
But my main goal now is how to get out of all this. I left my doc believeing in her paranoid sluggish schizophrenia. The other doctors talk about psychosis or paranoid sz, but now I don’t see much of any and I keep the maintaining treatment. I guess I should count now on my efforts. For the unlucky ones, not everything is a med I guess :confused: