Why isn't anyone on the Atkins diet?

I think I would try Atkins before I tried Keto.

1. My damn blood sugar bounces around more than a toddler in a candy store when I’m on it.

2. Too much meat triggers my diverticular disease. I do much better on low GI carbs with lots of whole grains. Trying the Dougall diet instead that @naturallycured recommended. Just reading the book now.

2 Likes

My Atkins diet was on the brain! It was pretty bad, but I done it with a B-
Here’s the cover from my nutritional plan :sob:

1 Like

I tried Atkins and I only lasted 3 days. Weight watchers is my favorite program.

1 Like

Due its ability to increase fat oxidation and reduce fat storage in adipocytes, resistant starch has recently been promoted in the popular press as a “weight loss wonder food”.

I tried Atkins twice in my life. Both times I just ended up craving carbs and couldn’t stick with it.

1 Like

I think diets are dumb. :slight_smile: Just exercise more and eat varied.

7 Likes

Go plant based, not fat based or protein based.

Put a 6 year old child together with a rabbit and an apple. If the child kills and eats the rabbit and plays with the apple I’ll mail you a million dollars.

Any diets for thos the other way? I struggle to keep the weight on - my BMI says im under-weight. Have been for years. I could do with putting a stone on.

2 Likes

What medicine are you on? I would like to know. I’m too good with diets, but I know pasta, and potatoes, and bread usually make you gain weight.

2 Likes

*Not too good with diets.

2 Likes

@ladawn32977

Im on Seraquol 100mg at night. And a 4 weekly Xeplion jab.
Its just that my appetite is terrible - im never hungry - and if it is its cake and sweets and sugared cereal. I know i should be eating more carbs - but i just cannot stomach them.

2 Likes

You know, that medicine doesn’t make you hungry? I’m currently on another thread because I’m going cold turkey from geodon fluphenazine and Lexapro. Geodon made me put on almost a 150 pounds. Feel terrible on those meds. This is my third day withdrawing, and it’s really tough, but if those meds work for you-do they?- then I might try them. You might have just gave me my answer.

2 Likes

I don’t know if it’s an option for you, or if you would want to do it, but maybe you could switch to a med that would increase your hunger more, but I would be careful.

2 Likes

Thanks for the info - but im reluctant to mess with my dosage - it took me years to find a combination of drugs for me that works.

I did actually gain weight on Olanzapine - but i was far to sedated on it and couldnt function.

2 Likes

I don’t blame you. Good luck to you.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.