About to give up on my Atkins diet

I can’t take much more of this diet. I lost nearly 4kg (8.8 lb) in a month. So it works. But it’s impossible to stick to.

I tried calorie counting for a year. So I’m out of ideas to lose weight.

I think I might just accept my weight the same way I accept my disease.

1 Like

are you dieting 7 days a week?
If so - try eating something you really like on saturdays or sundays.

Remember why you started? You are doing so well! you have only very little left and then you can start maintaining.

You can increase your calorie intake just a little bit per day by having an ice cream or something to treat yourself.

Accepting something does not mean it will not bother you anymore…

2 Likes

Do you like shakes?

There is a 16 hour fasting diet, my friend does. There are some good very easy fasting diets you can try.

Or replace your evening meal with a very delicious shake! such as avocado, banana, coconut milk, strawberries ?

I’ve lost 1 1/2 pounds in a week on my diet.

1 Like

Maybe I’ll just take a break from Atkins and go back on it then take a break and go back on it again etc. That might work. I’ll see… :frowning_face:

1 Like

What diet are you on? Calorie counting?

I cut out all meats but grilled chicken. I eat a lot of grilled chicken.

I eat so much fried chicken, fried chicken wings, bacon, some steak, burgers, hot dogs, I cut all that stuff out. And I cut out french fries which i ate a ton of. And I’m eating more spread out smaller meals.

1 Like

Well I had roasted chicken once too.

But no more fried chicken. I think I had one chicken cutlet though which is fried but that’s it.

1 Like