Why does psychosis feels so good?

I had my emotions back. Now I dont have emotions other than anger.

2 Likes

The fact that I had no negative symptoms while off meds proves they could make a med that fixes positive symptoms without worsening negative symptoms. Like normalizing dopamine in specific brain areas.

Psychosis is terrible, I am glad I got rid of it.

3 Likes

Your lucky your getting the high spectrum of psychosis, I usually feel like ■■■■ like I got hit from a bulldozer

3 Likes

The highs are met with the lows.

And I’m like aziz where I get violent impulses. Mainly my problems are with knives.

2 Likes

Probably because with a psychosis you are constantly busy.

1 Like

Yes I was much more busy when psychotic. Little negative symptoms compared to now.

I enjoyed parts of my delusions. I will write about them.

1 Like

Delusions were the only thing that made me feel good at the start, as I thought I had a higher purpose than just the average person… That quickly spiralled out of control, and then my head was so disorganised I had absolutely no idea what was going on.

It did not feel good to ask a man in a strange place where I was and what was going on to be told I was in the mental hospital and had been diagnosed with Schizophrenia.

2 Likes

It feels special that’s why. Like something cool is happening. Until it goes downhill, if.

1 Like

Thanks for mentioning this. I was wondering why I felt so good and felt so grateful for my life because of how good I felt I suppose during the midst of psychosis. Now I don’t feel depressed but don’t feel particularly happy. I’m usually worried about things but am starting to feel better. I’m diagnosed schizoaffective, so maybe negative symptoms aren’t that pronounced in this disorder.

1 Like

It has ups and downs. I sometimes feel like I’m in a horror movie

2 Likes

It does but its ups are better than the ups I get now on meds. The downs are worse during psychosis though as they’re dangerous.

i dont have bipolar type or bipolar so I rarely if ever feel good or hypomanic unless I get a buzz from caffeine from energy drinks or smoke a cig. I have lost the ability to feel full pleasure from negatives. I have depressive type of sza so I’m always low functioning and depressed. My negatives were severe to the point of being a piece of lard.

I lost my brain acquity and intelligence and sharpness. I lost my ability to feel pleasure to it’s core and it’s purpose. Even self-stimulation…

I cannot work or do anything meaningful due to fear and paranoia. I don’t have agoraphobia.

There’s nothing positive with psychosis except pain and misery and the affliction it brings to me and my family.

The only thing nice is I think I’m psychic but it doesn’t bring in meat or bread or water.

It’s probably a good thing like Cassandra’s dilemma. I was never that good looking but God or the simulators gave me the gift of prophecy at a cost. I exposed their simulation and ended up schizophrenic. I even used to be a lower ranking computer simulator I guess.

They used to grant me wishes like a genie lol. I got 1 wish or so. Being smart. They compared me to Einstein, but I’ll probably end up poor and useless and a nobody like Nicola Tesla…

1 Like

I dont have depression but I know that depression also have negative symptoms just like sz so they both add up.

1 Like

I believe delusions are brand new, interesting and they challenge how the world really works.

It’s quite liberating to think you’re someone that you aren’t.

2 Likes

Most of the psychosis I’ve been through was pretty bad, except for the religious stuff.

1 Like

I feel you man, I get hyper active during my psychosis. I had also grandeur delusions that gave me a lot of pleasure feeling “important”. I thought that I was a cia agent working undercover like I had two personalities - one awake and one when I fell asleep and started “sleep walking”. I also thought that I was famous surgeon for some reason

1 Like

Mine sure as hell didn’t. Utterly terrifying.

2 Likes

I thought that I was a scientist who knows the cure for all diseases, cancer, mental illnesses, intellectual disability, etc