Why does psychosis feels so good?

I was in extasy, sure of being God and king of the world eventhough I wasnt. I was living in my dreams.
Is it the dopamine? Pretty sure having no negative symptoms feels as good as psychosis. Ppl with no negative symptoms are so lucky.

6 Likes

Psychosis is addictive like cocaine/dopamine.

3 Likes

Psychosis always ends badly. It turns on you pretty quick.

7 Likes

Mind ranged from good to terrifying. I would prefer it to of never happened

2 Likes

mania 1515151515

I dont have mania/SzA. I just have Sz.

1 Like

I don’t remember it feeling particularly good for me. Of course, I had a wide range of psychosis over the years. Some were more terrifying than others. The religious delusions were more comforting than the others I think.

1 Like

Psychosis is sometimes accompanied by mania. Mania feels really good.

1 Like

Dr says I never had mania though.

You were motivated enough to move to Germany, for your delusions. That’s not a normal amount of motivation.

1 Like

Dude I told you 3 times I dont have mania. You want me to repeat it again? My psychiatrist said I never had mania.

2 Likes

I was motivated to walk to the east coast from Iowa to get to Mecca but I don’t think I had mania…just motivation. I got picked up by the police about halfway to the east coast.

1 Like

Extasy feelings is euphoria. So you did experience euphoria which is an element of mania.

That’s interesting @Aziz

What if you could live in psychosis with no negative consequences ever…

I still think I couldn’t deal with the bad parts…

1 Like

I felt normal like before sz. No more Anhedonia.

I have SzA depressive type in my opinion, though the pdoc that diagnosed me SzA didn’t say what type.

1 Like

I must have said no anhedonia and not extasy.

All these different type of symptoms just lay on a spectrum so psychosis could accompany any number of things whether its sudden depressed feeling , ecstatic feeling ,driven feeling it could be anything.

I think i get what your saying that you experienced euphoria without mania (lack of need for sleep,doing ten million things) in a psychosis. I have experienced that.

1 Like

I just felt myself again, no negative symptoms, no avolition, no anhedonia. I was be happy again. I would stop my meds completely if I wasnt violent off meds.

1 Like

You know I mean I was Alive. Now I feel dead.

1 Like